Sign in to follow this  
Magno

Barcode 128 and printing width

I need to "compress" a barcode type Code128 print with a termal printer. The size needed is 3.5cm. I have a TImage with a size that if I print it works as it should. The Printer form I am using has a kind of TImage so I can move the image using TImage.Picture, but I supposed that once I stretch the report form image it could be printed, but no. The final rendered image gets "cutted" or lost the quality. I really dunno how to fix it.

Can you set the TImage canvas info to the same properties as the printer canvas? From experience, the PPI / resolution / dimension puzzle comes into effect, and if the TImage is operating with different world coordinate resolution than the printer, you run into problems with scaling.

If you use WinAPI GetDC and GetDeviceCaps on the printer - you should be able to get the info you need.

1 hour ago, Magno said:

I have a TImage with a size that if I print it works as it should.

With custom display DPI's too?

Doesn't your thermal printer support any language?

Edited by Attila Kovacs

As the printer is under Windows drivers, I will try do figure out how to get its DPI. Actually it is using the desktop VGA (72dpi). I've even tried setup to 300 and no changes.

If you use WinAPI GetDC and GetDeviceCaps on the printer - you should be able to get the info you need.

This is what I need to know how to.