Daniel, you wrote elsewhere: " The tree-based layout of a usenet-group allowed yo to discuss side-aspects for ever. But here this style just captures a whole thread. "

If I go to the original German Delphi-PRAXIS, I see I can actually choose a tree-based layout, more or less like in a newsreader, and it even has a useful navigation (next message, previous message and at the bottom next thread, previous thread).

Would that be possible here too? I love it in the German forums. I guess it would vastly improve the layout for those used to NNTP-based threads.

Edited by Rudy Velthuis

Sorry, but no.

This is not implemented in this software. A quote from the Invision Product Manager:

Older versions of our software had different formatting options, including threaded. It had very limited use and the maintaining the feature was deemed not worthwhile. I've learned never to say never, but I can confidently say we have no foreseeable plans to do threaded discussions [...]

So it seems unlikely that we will see this feature anytime soon.

I understand that you miss the "good old nntp". But there is not much I could do right now. Honestly, the demand for this feature is not that big.

3 hours ago, Daniel said:

Sorry, but no.

This is not implemented in this software. A quote from the Invision Product Manager:

So it seems unlikely that we will see this feature anytime soon.

I understand that you miss the "good old nntp". But there is not much I could do right now. Honestly, the demand for this feature is not that big.

Ok, thanks, I understand it is not very likely we'll ever see it here.

Although, I don't understand why others don't prefer it. I do use it in the German forums, and nothing can beat it.

Edited by Rudy Velthuis

Maybe I'm getting old but I still prefer nntp, pure text. It's much easier to follow interesting threads and ignore others. No web interface beats something like XanaNews.

Christian

• Like 3

3 hours ago, chkaufmann said:

Maybe I'm getting old but I still prefer nntp, pure text. It's much easier to follow interesting threads and ignore others. No web interface beats something like XanaNews.

Christian

I think my view (which is exactly the same) is well known by now.