dummzeuch

GExperts Select Components Expert

Does anybody know whether GExperts ever included a "Select Components" expert?

It looks like this:

image.png.c61d4e3653fea5021715de88e6c2d9dc.png

or like this in expanded mode:

image.thumb.png.c19b5e4d0af00867a4c2aa90f320d574.png

I just found that there is source code for such an expert in source\experts\GX_SelectComonents but it has not been added to the project(s), so it does not show up in the experts list.

It seems that it was originally written by Rossen Assenov who put in on CodeCentral with the following comment:

Searching for a specific component on a form can be very cubersome when there a lot of components. The component list combobox on the Object Inspector is not helping much. This Delphi Expert shows a treeview of all the components on the current form and allows you to find-as-you-type. It makes finding components a breeze. I borrowed some code from the GExperts project and will submit it to them for inclusion. In the meantime you can use this version - it can be installed together with GExperts in the Delphi IDE. Tested with Delphi 2006 - should work with previous versions too. Included a prebuilt .bpl file for D2006 and full source.

To use : switch to the form designer and choose "Select Components Expert" from the Help menu (Alt + H + C).

Updated : Show/hide the components treeview. In "mini" mode it takes much less space and can be left always on top. (Docking will be implemented when it's merged with the GExperts code base).

The source was already part of the GExperts sources when they were moved to the SVN repository on SourceForge in 2007 but they were not part of the projects even then (so it wasn't me who accidentally deleted them).

It also seems to work, even though it lacks the flexibility of its CnPack counterpart "Component Selector":

image.thumb.png.6d59e75a1191d2bb96923d6f0077093e.png

Edited by dummzeuch
  • Like 1

I saw Kylix compiler directive, This code writed before killed kylix 😪

Thank you for share

Edited by freeman35