chkaufmann

Cannot install USB Driver

Hi,

I try to create an Android app. My device is not listed under "Target" so I found this page:
http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/Rio/en/Installing_the_USB_Driver_for_Your_Android_Device

I have the driver downloaded. However if I try to update it in the Device Manager it's not recognized and if I load the android_winusb.inf file explicitly I get an error (no compatible driver found). I'm using a Lenovo laptop with Win7 installed. My device is a Samsung A3 and in the Windows file explorer it's listed correctly. But in driver details I can see that it is still using a Microsoft Driver 6.1.7601.18738.

How can I solve this problem?

Christian

Maybe some vendors may use their own USB-drivers, have you checked this one ?
I use Samsung devices here too, long time ago I had to consider to install Samsung ADB driver, since I few years I never got into this issue anymore (eiter I have current Samsung driver, or Samsung switched to Google driver too).

I hope that nasty issue keeps "magically" solved by EMBT anf Google for the future :classic_smile:

I found this one:
https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/android-wont-connect-windows-adb-fix-it-three-steps/

Now it works. But the next problem is the debugger, which doesn't work because my Samsung A3 (two years old) has only Android 8.0 on it :-(. Other than that I have a "Hello World" now, but without debugger it's a bit difficult, e.g. to find out how gestures really work.

Christian

Yes, Android 8.0 has debugging issues due to some messed up permission by Android. Android 8.1 is fixed. That's nothing EMBT is guilty of.