ertank

How to run iOS app on physical iPhone

Hello,

I am using Delphi 10.3.1

I cannot install and run iOS 12.2 apps on a physcal iPhone 7. I can run them on iOS 10.0 Simulator though.

I would like to use the phone for testing apps. I connect the iPhone to Mac. It is recognized just fine by both iTunes and XCode 10.2.1. I can see that phone under "Target platform iOSDEvice64->Target" in Delphi, too.

However, when I try to run any iOS app (even blank project) on the iPhone I get below error:

[DCC Error] E2597 ld: file not found: /System/Library/Frameworks/SystemConfiguration.framework/SystemConfiguration
[DCC Fatal Error] F2588 Linker error code: 1 ($00000001)

- I used Tools->Options->Deployment->SDK Manager->iPhoneOS 64 12.2->"Update Local File Cache" button. It run and finish. No errors.

- I have iOS Development certificate manually installed on that MacOS.

I am not sure if these are required. I am a newbie on iOS side. What else should I do to be able to install and run a test app on a physical iPhone?

Thanks & regards,

Ertan

Edited by ertank

I am not sure If I follow instructions right. Below highlighted line is what I added manually (yellow marker color is barely visible). I confirm that none of the options is selected in Edit Remote Path Item form.

Clicking Update Local File Cache did not raise any errors. But, that did not solve my problem.

image.thumb.png.78f08b6065d55f88fe152c8cd2811ca8.png

image.png.dd52a1e0f437680eef0a0158221abb4f.png

Then as a second try, I manually deleted all local file cache in my PC disc and clicked "Update Local File Cache" button while having my above added line in there. All files downloaded, no errors. Unfortunately, When I try to run the app from Delphi it still gives same error in my initial post.

Any other thoughts that I can try?

Thanks.

I should have mentioned that I am trying to run FCMRevisited demo project from latest KastriFree repository against iPhoneOS12.2 64Bits as is (without making necessary adjustments).

I just now tried a very simple project and that worked just fine. App installed on the iPhone and run OK.

After that I realize that I am trying to deploy a project that needs some adjustments before even trying to compile. Doing what's necessary I could deploy my app on the iPhone.

Thank you.

Edited by ertank
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ertank said:

I am not sure If I follow instructions right

You followed the instructions, however you followed them literally, i.e. you added the CoreBluetooth framework instead of the SystemConfiguration framework.