Hi,

does anyone have any experience with OrangeUI from here www.orangeui.cn?

Seems a massive UI library.

I wonder if is stable and can be trusted more/the same as Firemonkey?

If you go to the 5th Menu. On that page is the phrase "Download English docs". Click on that link to download a RAR file which can be unpacked.

Unfortunately there is no overview document in English that I could find.

Look, I am all for commercial components where it makes sense, but these people... just no. 

They need to get a proper website, proper payment providers, etc. What the heck is that? 

No, no, no, please encourage these people to do the right thing.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Andrea Raimondi said:

They need to get a ..... proper payment providers

Well, Alipay has about 1 billion users, "these" people pay _everywhere_, even at a grocery with their phone by scanning an Alipay QR code.

They need nothing.

Do you need something?

• Like 2

It is unfair to judge the website based on our western standards...

It is a matter of the markets they grow in. You can, also, see the difference in their demos which feel like a huge spam and p*rn campaign. But this format is so common in China and Japan.

The components are amazing though...lot's of features and they work very smoothly in Android. Haven't tried in iOS 

Any comments about the components?  

• Like 4

22 hours ago, John Kouraklis said:

I wonder if is stable and can be trusted more/the same as Firemonkey?

At first glance, it is not a replacement for Firemonkey, so this question is moot. I consider this to be comparable to TMS Component pack. And for that, they are pretty thrifty. If I see this correctly the version with sourcecode costs 30€/year.

2 hours ago, John Kouraklis said:

It is unfair to judge the website based on our western standards...

Damn! You deserve so many points!!

And just look at how countries like Russia and Brazil has supported Delphi during the centuries.

Cultural bias can easily be at least as crippling as other biases.

I lived in Vietnam and China for a while and "these" people are doing circles around us now.  Our lack of understanding of their ways and/or effort to attempt to do it, is part of the reason why the future is on their side.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sherlock said:

If I see this correctly the version with sourcecode costs 30€/year.

No, the source code edition costs 480 Euro.

And the non-commercial, personal version is free.

Edited by edwinyzh

Just to be clear, it's an extension library for FireMonkey, but not a replacement of it.

Let me show you another great library also from my fellow Chinese folks, but for VCL.

http://www.pngui.com/screenshot

Check the screenshot, it's very nice, especially at the time (quite few years ago) when it was introduced.

The website doesn't even have a buy page linking from the homepage, I don't know why.

They don't try to ignore the non-Chinese market but I guess they don't have the necessary English skill level.

I've seen so many excellent projects written in Delphi only available in China.

PS, Just in case anyone needs some help in communicating with the vendor, let me know.

Edited by edwinyzh
  • Thanks 1

Im using this component and Im very happy 

1. Listbox and listview working smoothly and unlimited customize options for every items (default delphi listbox and listviews so bad and grids not good for mobile)

2. Edits and buttons unlimited customize options, you can change frame color, frame with, rectround angle, bottom line edit or rect edit you can create whatevery you want and can control every colors, for example I hate delphi android comboboxs I cant change combobox bottom line color (you need to stylebook for change but stylebooks killing app performance)

3. All components have different options for different status, normal, pressed, hover, selected .. more

4. Image components very good, circle or rounded image easly and image options have 'url' options, you can use live images from web (downloading from background threads, very useful options)

5. First time use a little confusing, need to give chance, have many basic or full appcaliton demos 

on attachment some screens from my app (lists and buttons from orangeui)

screenshot_6.png   screenshot_4.thumb.png.d36416fa9b8b3278641ee96001437f4e.png

Edited by Guest

Maybe we can stick a post with the best "Free" Firemonkey Components that is usefull until today... Here is my suggestion Alcione Components you can found very interesting things here and it is FREE

4 hours ago, John Kouraklis said:

@pieomy Do they work on mac as well? In the download page macOS is removed.

Do you use it for desktop apps?

I dont know, only used on iOS&Android

but all demos working on Win32

This topic is interesting. I'm from China, I have heard "OrangeUI" but I have not try it. For China, EU is a very important market for some products but software because of our poor English or other EU language of our programmers. I have viewed its web page, and it is absolute created by some programmer and they have no any business  experience, and have no web page aesthetics.

On 5/10/2019 at 7:26 AM, Sherlock said:

@Andrea Raimondi"These people" is a term with quite a negative connotation. But I agree with you.

It is MEANT to have a negative connotation: they are clearly not doing things properly.

No domain name, no proper download section (it's a GDrive, really!?), no simple way to understand who's boss. 

There is a non-zero chance that this library may be a plant from some Chinese security department to get a foothold in the Delphi developers' community.

If you think that this is fantasy, keep in mind that in the Oval Office there is somebody who is alleged to have conspired with Russia. 

All of it screams "this is weird" and I haven''t even downloaded it for this very reason. 

2 hours ago, Andrea Raimondi said:

It is MEANT to have a negative connotation: they are clearly not doing things properly.

No domain name, no proper download section (it's a GDrive, really!?), no simple way to understand who's boss. 

There is a non-zero chance that this library may be a plant from some Chinese security department to get a foothold in the Delphi developers' community.

Are you really, actually serious? You made me laugh, really. 

Anyways, not sure I understand you here, but isn't orangeui.cn the domain? Isn't http:/ /www.orangeui.cn/download.php the download page? 

By 'who's boss', do you mean the contact info? If so, their contact page provided seven ways you can get in touch with them, with a physical address. 

The only real issue (for non-Chinese people) of this site is that, it is in Chinese only.

Edited by edwinyzh
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, edwinyzh said:

Are you really, actually serious? You made me laugh, really. 

Anyways, not sure I understand you here, but isn't orangeui.cn the domain? Isn't http:/ /www.orangeui.cn/download.php the download page? 

By 'who's boss', do you mean the contact info? If so, their contact page provided seven ways you can get in touch with them, with a physical address. 

The only real issue (for non-Chinese people) of this site is that, it is in Chinese only.

The download URL is a network disk. Seriously, that's not how you're supposed to do it. Especially not a Baidu disk, but even the others would be problematic. I mentioned GDrive and wasn't pleased with that either. 

Contact info: none of which leads to the domain.  Now, why is that important? Quite simply,  because - as non Chinese - we have no way to tell which of those methods will be "private" or at least as private as you can be in China. 

Someone may need help for a commercial application and there has to be a reasonable expectation of privacy, which just isn't there when the Government can access all and any communications easily. 

The 163.com one is nearly certainly hosted on Chinese servers, which is troubling privacy-wise, especially for those of us in Europe for the reasons mentioned above. I will concede that it's been around for pretty much as long as the internet in China because the numbers in URLs in China have special marketing meaning (for example 888.com was a thing). 

As for the fact you're laughing at the suggestion, as I said, we have a supposedly "leader of the free world" who is embroiled in a Russia-defined scandal. At this point, I am just not ready to discount anything. 

I can't even download the thing because I don't have a VM to put it on for analysis. If it were on GitHub, for example, I could safely browse the source code and have a poke around, but as it is, I can't. 

1 hour ago, Andrea Raimondi said:

... and there has to be a reasonable expectation of privacy, which just isn't there when the Government can access all and any communications easily. 

Whereas you feel safe with American companies which hand over everything on you to NSA and FBI as they do not risk to end up in jail.

Come on, OrangeUI is probably an individual who sells his product.

I am sure all of us have bought components from such individuals in the past.

And, really, would you feel more comfortable if the site was in English and the download link was a direct file? or if the domain was orangeui.com?

• Like 4