Tommi Prami

Is editing posts disabled?

Hmm, this post I have Edit button, but not the olen I would like to edit. 

Why is that?

A post is editable for only a short period of time after it is initially posted.  Once the time period expires, the post can no longer be edited without admin intervention.

Edited by Remy Lebeau

10 hours ago, Remy Lebeau said:

A post is editable for only a short period of time after it is initially posted.  Once the time period expires, the post can no longer be edited without admin intervention.

That seems to be kind of stupid, if post code, notice mistake, i can't fix it, or I can't delete message I accidently posted in wrong group or there is embarrassing typo etc.

I think editing and deleting should be  possible as long as you like. Would take some load of of Admins also.

OR in other words I can't see  any reason why post shouldn't always be editable, enlighten me please if I am missing something obvious.

-Tee-

If I remember correctly, this topic has been discussed before and the admins have explained their reasons for these restrictions. Try searching the forum.

• Like 2

Did some searching and even browsed (quickly) this through, but could not spot thread. 

-Tee-

Understood.

But how many typos do you find after 24 hours? Would 48 or 72 or (7*24) hours be a big difference?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

Understood.

But how many typos do you find after 24 hours? Would 48 or 72 or (7*24) hours be a big difference?

Depends on how one uses the forum.

I personally usually post, and maybe come back next day or later, If there is no replies in the my post, then I have no reason to revisit it. If the problem isn't in the caption.

So, I don't quite see any problem in editing own posts, now I see it bit confusing as the "button" completely disappears. And as for me I have no idea how to even contact an admin to edit the message if I have an need to do so. 

Other example would be that the tone of your message is wrong, let's say due the you are using your second or third language. Would be nice to polish those out.

Also what I see problematic in here is the fact that we know what it should read, we don't read own posts very carefully. And as it is possible in almost any social media platforms also, so it is more than less standard

-Tee-

Edited by Tommi Prami

3 minutes ago, Tommi Prami said:

And as for me I have no idea how to even contact an admin to edit the message if I have an need to do so. 

On the right side of the Header from the post

image.png.f27caf3e6d6f1807b2722c2ead33bdd1.png

On 5/17/2019 at 2:48 PM, Attila Kovacs said:

@Tommi Prami How would you moderate a forum where everybody could change everything back to BC?

BC?

1 hour ago, haentschman said:

Hi...:classic_cool:

BC -> Before Christ :classic_tongue:

Most likely...

I see no problem changes, if someone doesn't behave, kick them out.

On 5/17/2019 at 10:25 AM, Markus Kinzler said:

On the right side of the Header from the post

image.png.f27caf3e6d6f1807b2722c2ead33bdd1.png

Would have never guessed that, I thought that is for asking admins to remove etc. Or report abusive content etc. 🙂

-Tee-