Angus Robertson

Mustangpeak UltraExplorer

Does anyone else still use UltraExplorer, an excellent replacement for Windows File Explorer, written in Delphi by Mustangpeak using VirtualShellTools and numerous other Delphi components?

It was last updated about 10 years ago and the source was on Google SVN, now closed down. 

On one of my Windows 10 installs, UltraExplorer stopped working after a Windows Update, so I'd like to try and rebuild it. Some of the Mistangpeak components are being maintained as Github projects, but can not find UltraExplorer.  I still have the SVN source from 2010. 

Angus

I have all the old source code, more interested if anyone has been updating it in the last 10 years or is still using UltraExplorer.

Angus

I use UltraExplorer everyday. What is the license on the source that you have? Maybe you can post it to Github yourself.

This all came from the Mustangpeak SVN at svn://www.soft-gems.net/mustangpeak eight years ago, but that is all gone now. 

Dual license:

// The contents of this file are subject to the Mozilla Public License
// Version 1.1 (the "License"); you maynot use this file except in compliance
// with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.mozilla.org/MPL/
//
// Alternatively, you may redistribute this library, use and/or modify it under the terms of the
// GNU Lesser General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation;
// either version 2.1 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
// You may obtain a copy of the LGPL at http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/.

I don't really understand git, would be easier to upload all the Mustangpeak projects to my own public SVN server. 

Angus

23 minutes ago, Angus Robertson said:

This all came from the Mustangpeak SVN at svn://www.soft-gems.net/mustangpeak eight years ago, but that is all gone now. 

Dual license:

// with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.mozilla.org/MPL/
//
// Alternatively, you may redistribute this library, use and/or modify it under the terms of the
// GNU Lesser General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation;

I don't really understand git, would be easier to upload all the Mustangpeak projects to my own public SVN server. 

Angus

If you insist on Github, you can simply create the project there and upload the sources using subversion.

Alternatively you could create a project on Sourceforge or OSDN.

Edited by dummzeuch

On 6/10/2019 at 11:48 PM, Angus Robertson said:

Dual license:

//

Angus

Did you ever upload the source code?

• Like 1

Could be of some interest generally and could also boost Delphi/Pascal in the end if a FLOSS project is maintained. But it has to be UX-ish and efficient (a tricky combo IMHO).

Having put this off for several years, I'm now attempting to build UltraExplorer 2.5, don't know if the source ever actually built, no exectutable in SVN.  

Think I've installed all the necessary visual components (not all are listed in About), not necessarily the same versions MustangPeak used for Delphi 7, and I'm using Delphi 2007.  

The main form loads OK, but I can not find ClipboardProc.pas except on a Chinese site that appears to be dead, anyone got it?   Still correcting errors and mismatches between components and forms, not sure the TNT defines are set everywhere.  But getting close to building it.

Angus

Google translates this to: FW123-The website may have filing problems or sensitive information. Please check the filing status or website content.

Not sure what it means.

Think I've found it, ATxClipboard has replaced ClipboardProc.  Now looking for the actual version of ATViewer that UltraExplorer uses, to avoid commenting out more lines.  

Angus

5 hours ago, dummzeuch said:

Google translates this to: FW123-The website may have filing problems or sensitive information. Please check the filing status or website content.

Not sure what it means.

The website has been taken down by Chinese authority.

1 hour ago, Angus Robertson said:

Think I've found it, ATxClipboard has replaced ClipboardProc.  Now looking for the actual version of ATViewer that UltraExplorer uses, to avoid commenting out more lines.  

Angus

Sounds good. Almost there.

Good news, build UltraExplorer 2.5 OK and it runs.

Immediately found the bug that has stopped me running 2.0.3.1 on my main development PC for a year, if UltraOptions.cfg is blank you get a silly start-up error without that filename being mentioned. 

Now just need to go back and try and put back code I commented out, party it seems because defines in project options and include files are sometimes ignored so certain code never gets built. Then I'll make it all more widely available, somehow.

Angus

• Thanks 3

I've zipped my new version of UltraExplorer 2.5.1, just files to copy over an existing 2.0 installation, I have the set-up project but not all the files needed in the right places.

https://www.magsys.co.uk/download/software/UltraExplorer25beta.zip

It's not using MM4 due to crashing destroying the application, not had time to fix that yet. 

Angus

• Thanks 1

Unfortunately I don't have an existing installation. But I would be more interested in the source code anyway.

9 hours ago, Angus Robertson said:

I've zipped my new version of UltraExplorer 2.5.1, just files to copy over an existing 2.0 installation, I have the set-up project but not all the files needed in the right places.

https://www.magsys.co.uk/download/software/UltraExplorer25beta.zip

It's not using MM4 due to crashing destroying the application, not had time to fix that yet. 

Angus

Do you need a working copy version 2.0.3? I am using it.

UltraExplorerSetup2030.exe

• Like 1

No, any v2 is OK for the language files and things, although the new EXE will probably work stand alone.  Busy this week, but will create an installer next week.  But it might update older settings stopping the older older version working, that was the bug I fixed, corrupted settings, so you may need to delete them to go back to the old version. 

Angus