AlexBelo

Any chance to see NNTP version of the forum?

Hi all.

Any chance to see NNTP version of the forum (at least read only version)?

IMHO NNTP readers (like XanaNews) are much more handy for quick viewing of forums...

--

Alex

Hi Daniel.

> No, sorry. Absolutely no chance.

Thank you for information.   😞

I've stopped participation in EMBT community when old forum was closed because new "forum" is nearly unreadable (Remy heroically continues posting there; I really don't undestand how he have so much endurance).

There was announcement from Jim McKeeth "The Embarcadero Community Squirrel Wrangler"

https://community.embarcadero.com/forum/welcome-mat/9762-forums-embarcadero-com-is-up

about "brand new Community & Forum site that will combine the best of both forums.embarcdero.com and community.embarcadero.com".

Have anybody know if official EMBT forum has any progress in usability?

--

Alex

On Google+, Marco said that there is something in the works. And if I understand his words correctly, we are not talking about months, just weeks until launch.

I know this is a bit vague... but don't blame me. 😉

Thank you for information again.

BTW, I have 3 another simple questions:

- how to paste in editor window without formatting by default ? (yes, I can use ctrl+right click but it is quite annoying)

- how to remove all formatting from already pasted text ? (for example, I can not change font)

- is this possible to see threads in "tree manner" ? (for example, I see your answers without indents so it is impossible to find out visually if this is "initial" answer or continuation of dialogue.)

Edited by AlexBelo

On 10/28/2018 at 2:40 AM, AlexBelo said:

I've stopped participation in EMBT community when old forum was closed because new "forum" is nearly unreadable (Remy heroically continues posting there; I really don't undestand how he have so much endurance).

Very carefully!

• Like 1

On 10/28/2018 at 10:16 AM, AlexBelo said:

Hi all.

Any chance to see NNTP version of the forum (at least read only version)?

IMHO NNTP readers (like XanaNews) are much more handy for quick viewing of forums...

--

Alex

Yes, I saw that there is no chance we'll see an NNTP version of these forums, but I just wanted to say that IMO no online forums, no matter how well they are done, can ever beat NNTP.

NNTP is just content and everything else, i.e. navigation, layout, font, markup, colouring by content, threading, etc. can be decided by you by simply choosing the newsreader of your choice and configuring it the way you like.

Compared to that, online forums are like straightjackets that leave not much room for movement, nor any proper tree-like threading. I still fail to see why TPTB at Embarcadero abandoned NNTP.

On 4/20/2019 at 10:02 AM, Rudy Velthuis said:

IMO no online forums, no matter how well they are done, can ever beat NNTP

Yes, I agree completely.

And I still don't read new EMBT forums at all: any attempt to read them produces only another paroxysm of aversion.

• Like 1