PeterPanettone

Tool Palette Item properties?

Delphi 10.3.1 RIO:

The so-called ToolPalette IMO has a very annoying User Interface:

1. In the Tool Palette list, for a selected Tool Palette component item, how can I find out: The package name, the unit name (if source existing), platform compatibility, etc. etc.

2. Why the "Tool Palette" is not named "Component Palette"? (Which IMO would be more appropriate).

3. In the "Tool Palette" list, is there a filter mode where "file name" (note the space between "file" and "name") would find BOTH "TFileNameEdit" and "My File Name Edit"?

Edited by PeterPanettone

1. You can see this info in hint for component.

2. Because it serves not only as "Component Palette".

3. Not sure, for example me, need it ...

14 hours ago, Dmitry Arefiev said:

1. You can see this info in hint for component.

2. Because it serves not only as "Component Palette".

3. Not sure, for example me, need it ...

1. Showing this in a hint which is visible only for a short time (1-2 seconds) is (as I said) a very poor and annoying user interface! (Makes me think of a video game for retarded people).

2. Showing the component palette list in a dual-use list is a leftover from the Delphi stone-age when computer monitors had the size of a postage stamp and therefore dual-use controls were widespread. Today such dual-use lists are a sign of a poor user-interface.

3. Obviously, Nr. 3 was a rhetorical question, as this SMARTER filter-mode currently does not exist in the component-palette list which is also a sign of a poor user interface.

Edited by PeterPanettone