PeterPanettone

ToDo items should have a separate syntax color in the editor

Currently, ToDo items in the Code Editor have the same syntax color as comments:

image.thumb.png.874134c5440c3331542f062f604654bc.png

If ToDo items had a separate syntax color, they would be better visible. This would be very useful!

What do you people think? Could this possibly be done by an IDE expert/add-in?

3 hours ago, PeterPanettone said:

Currently, ToDo items in the Code Editor have the same syntax color as comments:

image.thumb.png.874134c5440c3331542f062f604654bc.png

If ToDo items had a separate syntax color, they would be better visible. This would be very useful!

What do you people think? Could this possibly be done by an IDE expert/add-in?

It could be done by a plugin, see the cnwizards advanced syntax highlighting. It may even already support it, I haven't checked.

17 minutes ago, Anders Melander said:

You have View, Tool Windows, To-do list. That's pretty visible...

I wrote VISIBLE IN THE SOURCE CODE EDITOR!

Is this so difficult to understand? Sorry.

Edited by PeterPanettone

Pfft! You did ask for opinions, did you not?

For me the use case would be that I'm either looking for TODOs or I'm focused on something else. If I'm looking for TODOs then the existing functionality is just fine. If I'm focused on something else then I'll read the comments anyway and I don't need the extra distraction.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Anders Melander said:

Pfft! You did ask for opinions, did you not?

For me the use case would be that I'm either looking for TODOs or I'm focused on something else. If I'm looking for TODOs then the existing functionality is just fine. If I'm focused on something else then I'll read the comments anyway and I don't need the extra distraction.

Sorry, but I asked for opinions about my question. I thank you for your writing effort, but you didn't consider my question.

That's the same fun as when someone asks a SPECIFIC question and another user answers: "For what do you need this?"

Or when user A asks for opinions about the new Mercedes CLA model. Then user B answers: "For what do you need a Mercedes? I either take the bus or I go on my bicycle!"

Edited by PeterPanettone

3 hours ago, dummzeuch said:

It could be done by a plugin, see the cnwizards advanced syntax highlighting. It may even already support it, I haven't checked.

Thanks, CnWizards has a pretty good syntax colorizer, but there doesn't seem possible to colorize just Todo items:

image.thumb.png.473564749ec305b93ebe9782a85e8a31.png

7 hours ago, PeterPanettone said:

Thanks, CnWizards has a pretty good syntax colorizer, but there doesn't seem possible to colorize just Todo items:

image.thumb.png.473564749ec305b93ebe9782a85e8a31.png

As I said: It's proof that it could be done by a plugin. I didn't say it does it.

But you could get the source code and that functionality.

2 hours ago, dummzeuch said:

As I said: It's proof that it could be done by a plugin. I didn't say it does it.

But you could get the source code and that functionality.

I didn't say that you said it does it.

But the hint to the source code is useful.