ertank

Publishing iOS apps

Hello,

There is an app ready to be put on App Store. That app was previously deployed using another development tool that I do not know. This will be an update for that successor.

However, it cannot be deployed using Application Store configuration. As far as I can tell. MacOS already have deployment certificate installed. However, that cannot be seen in Delphi Project options->Deployment-Provisioning

There is no problem on deploying using development configuration on a physical iPhone at all. There is no problem on deploying on Simulator as well. None of the documentation that we read so far helped us. There is no problem viewing development certificate on same options page.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks & regards,

Ertan

2 hours ago, ertank said:

As far as I can tell. MacOS already have deployment certificate installed

Please describe what gives you the impression that one is installed. One way is to use the Keychain application on the Mac, select login in the keychains list, and My Certificates in the category list. There should be at least one iPhone Distribution certificate. Check the expiry date that it has not expired.

From your explanation I'm unsure if the project already has been registered in the Apple Developer Membercenter at all.

Was the app distributed once before, or not, ?

Then you should have followed all these steps.

Have you checked if there is a provisioning certificate for distribution ?

The apps BundleID shall match the former settings 1:1.

15 hours ago, Dave Nottage said:

Please describe what gives you the impression that one is installed. One way is to use the Keychain application on the Mac, select login in the keychains list, and My Certificates in the category list. There should be at least one iPhone Distribution certificate. Check the expiry date that it has not expired.

I see one "iPhone Distribution: <Company name>" in Keychain (under login, and My Certificates) and its expiration date is 16th of June 2020.

1 hour ago, Rollo62 said:

From your explanation I'm unsure if the project already has been registered in the Apple Developer Membercenter at all.

Was the app distributed once before, or not, ?

Then you should have followed all these steps.

Have you checked if there is a provisioning certificate for distribution ?

The apps BundleID shall match the former settings 1:1.

App was distributed at least once (maybe more, I do not know) before. It is not developed and distributed using Delphi, before.

There is a distribution certificate as far as I can tell on the MacOS.

I will read linked steps and advise if they are of any help.

You better check the link, and check your Apple MemberCenter first, if you don't have access probably Apple won't let you in w/o permission from the original developer account.

22 hours ago, ertank said:

However, it cannot be deployed using Application Store configuration

I should have also asked what you mean by this, i.e. is there an error thrown in the IDE? If so, please give all the details. If not, at what stage is it a problem? Using Application Loader?

20 hours ago, Dave Nottage said:

I should have also asked what you mean by this, i.e. is there an error thrown in the IDE? If so, please give all the details. If not, at what stage is it a problem? Using Application Loader?

Here is a screen shot from options page

image.thumb.png.e133efee16e2400312d96a14a1bbd481.png

And here is error I receive when I click on "Deploy" button:

No certificate found in provisioning profile "12021c75-fa17-4838-9834-39593ec234eb"

Thanks.

On 6/20/2019 at 1:53 AM, ertank said:

Here is a screen shot from options page

Which means it cannot find a matching certificate for the provisioning profile. Please ensure that the provisioning profile you are using actually *has* the iOS Distribution certificate assigned to it.  To do this, go to:

https://developer.apple.com/account/

Log in, go to Certificates, IDs and Profiles, select Profiles section, and select the profile for rexpressmanager (make sure it's actually an App Store profile), and check which certificate is assigned to it (bottom left of the info). If it's not an App Store profile, you'll need to create one.

5 hours ago, Dave Nottage said:

Which means it cannot find a matching certificate for the provisioning profile. Please ensure that the provisioning profile you are using actually *has* the iOS Distribution certificate assigned to it.  To do this, go to:

https://developer.apple.com/account/

Log in, go to Certificates, IDs and Profiles, select Profiles section, and select the profile for rexpressmanager (make sure it's actually an App Store profile), and check which certificate is assigned to it (bottom left of the info). If it's not an App Store profile, you'll need to create one.

Actually, I already have a certificate linked to it. That same certificate is already loaded on MacOS, too. I see it in KeyChain. I am confused.

Here is a screen shot:

image.thumb.png.0ddb5f23ba93e7e4fa2f1d6c6c8d0b6b.png

If there is a "Show expired certificates" menu item under the View menu in the Keychain Access app, please click it, and delete any expired certificates.

There is such a menu item. Nothing is listed when I click on it. Seems I don't have any expired certificate at all. that makes sense as initially that app distributed by some other developer using some other development tool.

However, I finally found reason. I go to Preferences under XCode menu item. Under accounts, I click Manage Certificates and below is what I see.

image.thumb.png.6a0fee48a375b620c4868faf5b7d0618.png

Even if I have found reason, I still do not know how to fix that.

9 hours ago, Dave Nottage said:

If there is a "Show expired certificates" menu item under the View menu in the Keychain Access app, please click it, and delete any expired certificates.

Would be a very useful option.

Unfortunately I have never noticed this in my keychain.

Edited by Rollo62

47 minutes ago, Rollo62 said:

Would be a very useful option.

Unfortunately I have never noticed this in my keychain.

As it is explained, it is in the "menu" of Keychain application. Below screen capture is from my system. Highlighting the relevant menu item. Even if my system is not English, location should be same in your system.

image.thumb.png.6344d3956b2d18b86a8d98c322121169.png

8 hours ago, ertank said:

There is such a menu item. Nothing is listed when I click on it. Seems I don't have any expired certificate at all. that makes sense as initially that app distributed by some other developer using some other development tool.

However, I finally found reason. I go to Preferences under XCode menu item. Under accounts, I click Manage Certificates and below is what I see.

image.thumb.png.6a0fee48a375b620c4868faf5b7d0618.png

Even if I have found reason, I still do not know how to fix that.

Following following steps, I finally can deploy for Application Store and have my IPA file generated.

1. revoke your active certificate in the provisioning portal
2. create new developer certificate (keychain access/.../request for csr...etc.)
3. download and install a new certificate
4. create a new provisioning profile for existing app id (on provisioning portal)
5. download and install new provisioning profile and in the build, settings set the appropriate code signing identities

More details can be found at here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/12867878/missing-private-key-in-the-distribution-certificate-on-keychain

Thanks to everyone.