osterhaegar

Delphi Version in profile

Hi,

I just joined (Thanks @Daniel for the new forum.) and tried to fill something sensible into my profile. It allows me to select the "Delphi version I use", which I simply can't, because it would be basically "All of them" (OK, everything >= Delphi 7). Maybe this should not be a single setting but a list?

Daniela

• Like 1

Even that is difficult. I have worked on projects with whatever Delphi version the customer was using. And that changes every few weeks. There are some that seem to be more popular, like 10.x, XE2, 2007 and 7, but I would have to create a statistics to find out which one I used most.

Then choose your highest available version 😄

Thing is, this will show up under your name in the forum and a long list of versions would just create confusion. Check @Michael Puff or my post to see what I mean.

The basic idea was to give so additional information to other people answering questions. If you know that another user is working with Delphi 7, you don't have to give a solution with generics, for example. We could ask this question about the Delphi-version in use for each and every (technical) topic, but history learned us, that most people will just skip this input-field. So the intention was to make a "peristent" Information of it.

I understand that this works not in every case, but it looks like it is working pretty well for most cases.

41 minutes ago, ŁukaszDe said:

Time to add 11.1 version 🙂

Why? The other updates from previous versions (like 10.4.2, 10.3.3 or 10.2.3) are not selectable either. The list contains major versions only.

On 12/4/2023 at 6:58 AM, ŁukaszDe said:

Delphi 12 Athens is with us few weeks but still is not on profil list.

Were just waiting for somebody to start using it I guess

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Bug with div [const] is a showstopper so Athens is not usable

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fritzew said:

The Bug with div [const] is a showstopper so Athens is not usable

I will never understand why such a bug is not repaired almost immediatelly - even if they just remove this optimisation.

Now it looks that they are satisfied that D12 was released as planned and now f*ck you, users - we do not mind that this product is unusable, for us it was only important to release it. 😕

• Like 3

On 10/28/2018 at 7:26 AM, osterhaegar said:

It allows me to select the "Delphi version I use", which I simply can't, because it would be basically "All of them" (OK, everything >= Delphi 7). Maybe this should not be a single setting but a list?

On 10/28/2018 at 7:27 AM, Michael Puff said:

Choose your main version. The one you work with most.

That's what I did. Then listed all of them I work with in my signature line. (Not that it really matters, of course, but I feel better more honest for declaring them.)

On 12/3/2023 at 10:58 PM, ŁukaszDe said:

Delphi 12 Athens is with us few weeks but still is not on profil list.

It has been added.  Oddly, it is listed as just "Delphi 12" instead of as "Delphi 12 Athens".