Sign in to follow this  
KodeZwerg

Unpin Pinned Stuff for Recent Topics view?

Hello, how do i remove that Pinned Status?

I would like, when viewing recent Posts, modified/recent things displayed at Top of Page.

When Pinned things are marked as Read please sort them in proper entry down and not all the way top top top.

Or do a confirmation inside those pinned things to be sure user have read it.

(i am scared of more pinned things that i do read once, but not needed all the time on top)

Pinned status is a property of a topic, that is set by staff to mark is as important and worthy of keeping in a prominent position for a long time. Only staff can remove this status. However, pinned topics will not appear in the "unread" lists, unless you haven't read them of course.

That view I use.

Sooner or later page 1 will be full of pinned things, depends on operators usage of that function.

Forums - Delphi-PRAXiS [en] – Opera - 29_10.jpg

Okay, I will come back to this topic when I see more pinned things than regular posts. Time will reveal truth. 🙂

DPg is different build up. I can't compare. On DPg i will never see any "pinned" at all (except pinned thread is fresh, than it is more than legitime that it is included in view)

On DPg I just always see them when inside a specific sub-forum, but not on main view (recent Posts is my main view)

Imagine on DPg every pinned thing would be displayed on recent posts view. I guess first 3-5 pages would be very interesting.

Edited by KodeZwerg

Again: Are you using any of the "unread content" views?  Which view are you using specifically?

@Sherlock He is using the so called "fluid view". Pinned topics - read or unread - do stack up at the top of this listing, this is basically true.

Easy solution would be just to disable the fluid view. Problem solved.

No, just kidding.

@Sherlock, I use the view that i showed.

@Daniel, disable fluid view. I am confused.