Daniel

Delphi 10.3 Update 2 available

40 minutes ago, timfrost said:

neither option was effective

9 hours ago, Achim Kalwa said:
  • In the "User System Overrides" add a new Variable "IDEFixPack.DisabledPatches" (without the quotes)
  • For the value, enter "CodeGenMod.Win32.FastFuncProlog" (with the quotes) 

Always best to ignore the pretty pictures and use the instructions instead 🙂

BTW: I used that twice now and it works.

@Ian Branch Please read it again.  It says name without, value with; and in the picture both without.  I referred to the value.  But it is immaterial because neither had any effect for me. 

Edited by timfrost
  • Like 1

On 7/18/2019 at 11:27 PM, Markus Kinzler said:

It's even missing in the enterprise edition!

image.png.a38447384c35ddab2218417174111f81.png

I'm able to build 64-bit apps for the Mac! 

I'm not an authority, so I'm not sure if this workaround helps: If macOS 64-bit doesn't show up under Target Platforms, try editing the .dproj file in a text editor to make sure it has an OSX64 line like the underlined one below.

<Platforms>
                <Platform value="Android">False</Platform>
                <Platform value="iOSDevice32">False</Platform>
                <Platform value="iOSDevice64">False</Platform>
                <Platform value="iOSSimulator">False</Platform>
                <Platform value="OSX32">True</Platform>
                <Platform value="OSX64">True</Platform>
                <Platform value="Win32">True</Platform>
                <Platform value="Win64">False</Platform>
            </Platforms>

Edited by Tom F

7 hours ago, Dalija Prasnikar said:

You would not be able to install/use 10.3.2 (or any new version that will be released) without being on active subscription anyway. So having a bump approved is not an issue, it is the waiting for the bump that matters.

Sorry, but that was not the issue.  By far, the largest concerns were over customers being told that they could not get a bump unless they had an active subscription.  The bumps have always been way too slow to arrive so an extra slowdown was a minor factor.  Not getting a bump at all was the main outcry.

This is an example of what customers were being told:

"We received your request to increase the registration limit for your serial number XXXXXXX. Unfortunately, there is not an active support and maintenance agreement for this license. Licenses without active maintenance are not eligible for technical support and this includes increasing the registration limit for your license. Historically, we provided limited support for activities such as changing registration limits as a courtesy. However, this courtesy required time and resources to support. As we now include maintenance with every new license and encourage customers to remain current on maintenance, we changed our support policy to align with industry standards.  Going forward any support services requested will only be provided for licenses with active support and maintenance."

It was covered here:   

Anyone else having errors with undo (Ctrl+Z)?

It leaves empty spaces instead of restoring previous content.

I just installed madException 5, but I don't know if that has something do with it.

It does that randomly after some time of usage. After restarting it works fine again.

I don't know if madException has something to do with it, because sometimes when I press Ctrl+Shift+C for a function without returning type (like a procedure) in order to populate its implementation, it raises and exception. But I don't know if that correlates to undo bug. I guess I have to check this bug uninstalling it.

@Darian Miller What you are talking about and what I am talking about are two completely separate issues.

This thread revolves around brand new 10.3.2 release... in order to install that release you need to be on active subscription for which you can get license bump... and my comment was strictly about the fact that even though you can, you might want to avoid such situation because you will find yourself in situation where you have to wait and while you wait you cannot work... 

Those who tried 10.3.2.: does it feel like they improved error insight and code completion? Are inline variables still a problem, still marked as error?

18 minutes ago, Mike Torrettinni said:

Those who tried 10.3.2.: does it feel like they improved error insight and code completion? Are inline variables still a problem, still marked as error?

No, it is not fixed, yet.

Permanent solution that will solve all those issues is Delphi LSP (Language Server Protocol) support and is scheduled for 10.4.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, timfrost said:

@Ian Branch Please read it again.  It says name without, value with; and in the picture both without.  I referred to the value.  But it is immaterial because neither had any effect for me. 

Sorry, my mistake. Both name and value without quotes (can't edit the original post).

1 hour ago, Achim Kalwa said:

Both name and value without quotes

I've set this up following your instructions on both a Windows 7 VM and a Windows 10 machine with IDE fix 6.4.2:

image.thumb.png.5ccdd0d01bbddda10bf8c60daefacfaf.png

On both it works!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dalija Prasnikar said:

@Darian Miller What you are talking about and what I am talking about are two completely separate issues.

This thread revolves around brand new 10.3.2 release... in order to install that release you need to be on active subscription for which you can get license bump... and my comment was strictly about the fact that even though you can, you might want to avoid such situation because you will find yourself in situation where you have to wait and while you wait you cannot work... 

Agreed - but you replied to my message about the side topic of requiring to be on an active subscription to get a bump.

It truly doesn't matter...moving on as we could do this all day!   : )   

• Like 1

quality.embarcadero,com and cc.embarcadero.com are again online

I still can not install CE:

image.thumb.png.12cdcfa2420b971911473634c551b97f.png

Yes, we might have to consider changing the header of this thread to (un)available. 😄

The import part getit.embarcadero.com is still denying access and that is where all the fun is stored.

• Sad 2

7 minutes ago, ŁukaszDe said:

Were they not working at the weekend?

Where you? 😉

Seriously though, a down time of three days is unbecoming of a tech company.

So what is the official take on how to get the macOS 64Bit platform running? It (or something like it) was installed, I have a folder filled with stuff called binosx64. But no SDK is available and I can't add it.

Yeah, just did that successfully. Or rather I had to delete it and reactivate it. Just updating it was not enough.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Sherlock said:

Yeah, just did that successfully. Or rather I had to delete it and reactivate it. Just updating it was not enough.

This must be fixed by embt!

• Like 2

On 7/20/2019 at 5:47 PM, FredS said:

I've set this up following your instructions on both a Windows 7 VM and a Windows 10 machine with IDE fix 6.4.2:

image.thumb.png.5ccdd0d01bbddda10bf8c60daefacfaf.png

On both it works!

On my computer IDE Fix Pack showed 2 errors:

IDEFixPackError1.jpg.f6139b2e1492f571c3eebff38546841c.jpg

And this:

IDEFixPackError2.jpg.4e2cb65bfdaf1aa0afefcfd2b1c11633.jpg

So for me it was needed to disable two patches: 

• Variable name: IDEFixPack.DisabledPatches
  • Variable Value: "CodeGenMod.Win32.FastFuncProlog";"VCL.Styles.StyleUtils"

After this the messages are gone.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ŁukaszDe said:

Do you have icons in menu?

Yes - and I don't believe it is a restriction of the CE.