Uwe Raabe

MMX 15 (Beta) Available

Just installed build 2343. I can confirm that most issues I reported have been fixed. Thank you.

There are however still a few issues.

1. I still see the "clBtnFace" color used as background for classes in the search member window.

1427673974_MMX-SearchMember.png.a9584941c67ff6fff07afcee24504645.png

2. The position of the search member window is not saved.

3. I still can't open a Code Explorer window if I switch to debug layout.

1 hour ago, Rickard Johansson said:

1. I still see the "clBtnFace" color used as background for classes in the search member window.

Oh, I hate it when the same thing is done at several places in different ways :classic_angry:

OK, will look into that.

3. I still can't open a Code Explorer window if I switch to debug layout.

Well, that's strange. Can you send your debug layout file (usually Debug Layout.dst somewhere beneath %APPDATA%) to support@mmx-delphi.de, please? Perhaps there is something inside where MMX is stumbling upon.

2 hours ago, Rickard Johansson said:

Can you give me detailed steps for that? A basic test just worked.

1 hour ago, Uwe Raabe said:

Can you give me detailed steps for that? A basic test just worked.

1. Open a project in Delphi and only display the standard toolbar (hide entity insight toolbar).

2. Search for a member using the search member edit box in the standard toolbar.

3. Place the window where you like.

4. Shut down and restart Delphi and reopen your project.

5. Search for a member. The window doesn't appear where it's supposed to.

Hope that helps.

Took me a while to notice that I must not close the window with the cross button in the title to force that error.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Uwe Raabe said:

Took me a while to notice that I must not close the window with the cross button in the title to force that error.

You're right. I just tried the close button and it does work. The window appear where it should now... 

On 7/21/2019 at 11:53 AM, Uwe Raabe said:

Thanks! There will be some more small tweaks, though. Some things are only visible in context.

For all who missed it: The MoneyPool is still open to donations for the icon work. Thanks a lot to all who already spent some money and helped to get where we are now. 

I've just tried, but couldn't because MoneyPool isn't available in Brazil yet. Any other way I could chip in?

Again, thank you very much for your contributions.

In case standard Paypal works, you can send money to my account (use may name or email address) with a quick note and I will add that to the MMX Icon pool.

In case standard Paypal works, you can send money to my account (use may name or email address) with a quick note and I will add that to the MMX Icon pool.

Done!

BTW, PayPal didn't accept Uwe Raabe as the recipient, I had to inform the email address.

Edited by Carlos Tré

Build 2343: 

"Auto toggle Object Inspector  and Code Explorer" doesn't work properly. Switching from Code Explorer to Object Inspector works fine, from Object Inspector to Code Explorer does not.  

As I cannot reproduce here there is probably more to that.

I have the MMX Explorer pinned and the OI collapsed in a tab in the same dock host. Pressing F12 switches from Code to Design and pops out the OI, or from Design to Code while the OI collapses again making room for the Explorer.

What is your scenario?

18 hours ago, Uwe Raabe said:

I have the MMX Explorer pinned and the OI collapsed in a tab in the same dock host. Pressing F12 switches from Code to Design and pops out the OI, or from Design to Code while the OI collapses again making room for the Explorer.

What is your scenario?

The dock host contains three tabs OI, MMX Explorer and Palette. Starting with Code and MMX Explorer visible, pressing F12, Design and OI becomes visible. Pressing F12, Code becomes visible, MMX Explorer does not.

1.thumb.png.09a688cb8813dd8103d4f824b91c51b6.png

F12

2.thumb.png.15b7d10ed25618b43b1a7bfbbfb7d983.png

F12

3.thumb.png.8df9c933c886c972adbccee87fefdebd.png

Hello Uwe

Loaded Beta build 2344 onto laptop and Desktop Rio 10.3.2 Windows 10.

If I extract a method which generates a set of default Parameters and I change these Parameters or rename them or add additional parameters and save the newly extracted method, the changed parameters are forgotten and revert back to the original parameters. The same problem occurs if I add a new method and then add parameters then save the new method the added parameters are forgotten and do not show up in the source code.

This is a known incompatibility between design packages and experts compiled with 10.3.2 when used with 10.3 or 10.3.1. Currently there is no workaround for that besides having two separate DLLs. I'd rather avoid that due to the build and setup nightmare that is causing. Nevertheless I am confident that Embarcadero will provide a hotfix addressing that problem pretty soon.

In the mean time MMX 15 for Rio can only be used with 10.3.2, sorry about that.

• Thanks 1

The return type combo box seems to be some special thing

image.thumb.png.a10abbe84c954b1538274326583c1e27.png

The drop down arrow looks different from the usual combobox ones and the "set to void" button next to it looks to be a little smaller than the usual toolbar buttons

45 minutes ago, Stefan Glienke said:

The return type combo box seems to be some special thing

Indeed - and I am not very satisfied with it. I haven't had the time to create a proper replacement yet.

Hello Uwe,

I there a way to stop displaying MMX code explorer after 2 F12 ?

How to reproduce:

Create a new VCL application

Code editor will be displayed

Press F12 to see the Form designer

Press F12 to toggle to code editor

Actually : code editor and MMX code explorer will show

Expected; only code editor should be displayed (MMX code explorer should appears only if it was previously opened)

Ps: I'm using the latest beta version 2345 + RIO 10.3.2

3 minutes ago, Stéphane Wierzbicki said:

(MMX code explorer should appears only if it was previously opened)

Well, at least that is a specific requirement. It is just that I would never be in that state (i.e. MMX not open), thus I didn't even consider this case before.

You can disable that feature in General - Delphi Editor - Options - Auto toggle Object Inspector and Code Explorer, but then it will never be shown with F12.

• Like 1

You can disable that feature in General - Delphi Editor - Options - Auto toggle Object Inspector and Code Explorer, but then it will never be shown with F12.

That's fine for me 👍