Uwe Raabe

MMX 15 (Beta) Available

8 hours ago, Uwe Raabe said:

This is a known incompatibility between design packages and experts compiled with 10.3.2 when used with 10.3 or 10.3.1. Currently there is no workaround for that besides having two separate DLLs. I'd rather avoid that due to the build and setup nightmare that is causing. Nevertheless I am confident that Embarcadero will provide a hotfix addressing that problem pretty soon.

In the mean time MMX 15 for Rio can only be used with 10.3.2, sorry about that.

Thank you very much. No problem. I'll upgrade later to 10.3.2. Not sure but, If I'm not wrong, when change font(s) in option, its not applied. I can not be sure, and no detail sorry.

Let you know, I'm so happy using to your tool. Thank you.

2 hours ago, Uwe Raabe said:

You can disable that feature in General - Delphi Editor - Options - Auto toggle Object Inspector and Code Explorer, but then it will never be shown with F12.

Great, thanks for this tip! I don't know how to use all features, yet, but this was annoying to always open up when I don't need it.

55 minutes ago, freeman35 said:

Not sure but, If I'm not wrong, when change font(s) in option, its not applied.

That is probably because fonts are handled by the theme.

MMX 15.0.0.0 Build 2345:

I'm not sure, but is the toolbar on search member dialog new on MMX 15? And are there the correct icons used (which I doubt a little bit 😉 )?

image.png.8416296b87af02066251ec1c5d37a37f.png

kind regards,

Ulrich

Indeed, the icons are actually not set at all. The current ones are more or less random.

MMX 15.0.0.0 Build 2345:

When using the add class expert I can no longer have TInterfacedObject auto completed, I'm required to type the ancestor class full name because it isn't listed in the dropdown list. I've noticed this behavior in previous betas as well, and some inconsistency in V14. There I used to get Spring's TInterfacedObjectEx auto completed, and then, I can't pinpoint why, it started offering TInterfacedObject as the first choice.

I'm wondering if there's something I could tweak in order to fix that, it'd would save me a lot of time. 🙂

Since we're at tweaks, a suggestion:  my OCD compels me to align ":" and ":=" almost everywhere. It would be nice if the checked boxes could be remembered between sessions -  at least optionally.

Thank you.

My best,

Carlos

MMX 15.0.0.0 Build 2345

Cannot rename method on code explorer.

- create new VCL application

- on code explorer add a new method for TForm1 as 'Test', public procedure without any additional parameters

- select it on code explorer and hit 'F2' to rename it

- select last two characters ('st') and hit 'BACKSPACE ' to remove them

--> error raises:

image.thumb.png.779c04513dc5e7692dca2be1a5d62221.png

and the procedure is not renamed.

It seems to happen every time you try to delete selected characters using BACKSPACE key.

Here's the current stack trace:

main thread ($41c):
15a69341 +000 mmx_bds19.dll
5016de6a +01a rtl250.bpl    System.Classes 16905   +7 TBasicAction.Execute
5016dcd8 +004 rtl250.bpl    System.Classes 16816   +0 TBasicActionLink.SetAction
50c155b7 +093 vcl250.bpl    Vcl.Menus       2539  +17 TMenuItem.Click
50c17243 +0ef vcl250.bpl    Vcl.Menus       3749  +41 DoClick
50c1732f +081 vcl250.bpl    Vcl.Menus       3802  +38 TMenu.IsShortCut
50aebd50 +040 vcl250.bpl    Vcl.Controls   11858   +8 TWinControl.IsMenuKey
50aebdc5 +01d vcl250.bpl    Vcl.Controls   11878   +5 TWinControl.CNKeyDown
50ae4c5e +2be vcl250.bpl    Vcl.Controls    7338  +91 TControl.WndProc
50ae9843 +63b vcl250.bpl    Vcl.Controls   10209 +166 TWinControl.WndProc
50b6078f +0af vcl250.bpl    Vcl.ComCtrls   19678  +26 TCustomListView.WndProc
50ae8e10 +02c vcl250.bpl    Vcl.Controls    9908   +3 TWinControl.MainWndProc
75e2568a +07a user32.dll                              CallWindowProcW
772740eb +04b ntdll.dll                               KiUserCallbackDispatcher
75e255ae +11e user32.dll                              SendMessageW
50c31b4c +084 vcl250.bpl    Vcl.Forms      10549  +25 TApplication.IsKeyMsg
50c31dfb +0cf vcl250.bpl    Vcl.Forms      10635  +17 TApplication.ProcessMessage
50c31e62 +00a vcl250.bpl    Vcl.Forms      10671   +1 TApplication.HandleMessage
50c32195 +0c9 vcl250.bpl    Vcl.Forms      10809  +26 TApplication.Run
768d6357 +017 KERNEL32.DLL                            BaseThreadInitThunk

kind regards,

Ulrich

Another small issue: 'Convert to const' dialog aligns 'Browse' button to wrong position.

State of MMX 13 on XE:

image.thumb.png.8688098b287d827775108a6feda98196.png

Now on MMX 15 / XE 10.2.3:

image.thumb.png.ea25b3991dd8ad61bf657aa97b7d285a.png

very small glitch: group box 'Visibility' on 'Add ...' dialogs needs more vertical space for Add Field and Add Method:

image.png.ee98a8c06e0bf5c40c3e33c6ec43d103.png

kind regards,

Ulrich

@ULIKThanks for reporting.

I really appreciate these bug reports - from all users here. The changes in v15 are huge and MMX has too much places and functions affected to overlook all of them. That is why I have to rely on all of you to spot these bugs and glitches. So, thanks also to all of you. 👍

Next when I have a bit of spare time I will go over these and publish a new beta version.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/6/2019 at 7:20 PM, Carlos Tré said:

When using the add class expert I can no longer have TInterfacedObject auto completed,

Can you enable Pre-parse Editor Files and Pre-parse Project Files in General options and see if that helps?

• Like 1

Hi Uwe,

Haven't played with MMX much although I have had it for a long time.

I recently updated to D10.3.2 and just loaded the MMX Beta you just posted .

I hadn't noticed it previously, but I see an additional line cursor moving with my editing cursor.  See picture attached.

What's the story with the dislocation between the editing cursor and the mmx cursor?

Regards & TIA,

Ian

Screenshot_4.png

Hello Uwe,

Just downloaded build 2346. The MMX popup menu in Rio 10.3.2 with new hotfix none of the menu choices are visible although the seperator lines show up as do the right arrows.

Problem is seen in dark and light themes.

The popup menu displays correctly in Tokyo 10.2

All the best

Peter

7 hours ago, Ian Branch said:

What's the story with the dislocation between the editing cursor and the mmx cursor?

This usually happens with non standard fonts and can be adjusted in General - Delphi  Editor - Cursor position indicator - Line Height correction.

2 hours ago, Dokkie said:

The MMX popup menu in Rio 10.3.2 with new hotfix none of the menu choices are visible although the seperator lines show up as do the right arrows.

Cannot reproduce here. Can you find some other possible cause for that?

A screenshot would be nice, too. Just t make sure we are talking about the same thing.

54 minutes ago, Uwe Raabe said:

This usually happens with non standard fonts and can be adjusted in General - Delphi  Editor - Cursor position indicator - Line Height correction.

Hi Uwe,

Hmmm.  I'm not aware of changing any fonts.  What should the standard font be for the editor?

It was set with 'Determine Line height at startup' checked.

I unchecked it and changed the Line height correction to 0 and was still one down, so I changed it to -1 and it became one up, :-(

I think I shall just turn 'Display cursor position indicator off.

FYI - I am running D10.3.2, Windows 10, 1920 x 1080 screen.

Regards,

Ian

55 minutes ago, Ian Branch said:

I am running D10.3.2, Windows 10, 1920 x 1080 screen.

Interesting - I have about the same configuration and it works with Determine Line height at startup out of the box.

Anyway, the algorithms behind that are kind of deprecated. I plan to switch to one of the newer interfaces provided by the ToolsApi to draw things inside the editor, which will overcome this problem once and for all. Sometimes things are so much simpler after dropping support for older Delphi versions.

Is it possible to transfer MMX settings between computers with different Delphi versions? How to do it?

from Delphi 10.2 to Delphi 10.3

thanks

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jacek Laskowski said:

Is it possible to transfer MMX settings between computers with different Delphi versions?

There used to be a transfer utility, but I have to dig it out and put the dust off - given I actually find it.

• Thanks 2

Hello Uwe,

Here are 2 screenshots showing the anomaly. Although the menu text doesn't display they do function if clicked.

If I disable theming in the registry then the popups show correctly.

Further testing shows that this is related to my use of the Road To Delphi IDE theme editor to set a custom colour scheme for my editor.

If I then go into the properties of MMX and set or change any property and save it  the MMX menu choices then show up.

All the Best

Peter

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Edited by Dokkie
Further information

There are two ways to open that menu. Both can be seen in your screenshots. The first is to use the editor context menu and select the MMX Commands entry and the other one is with the shortcut Shift-Ctrl-Alt-X (as default).

The only difference is that one simply adds items and subitems to the existing popup menu while the other creates a new TPopupMenu owned by the editor window before. There is no owner draw code, so there is not much I can do about it.

I am not sure what changing MMX properties can trigger to make it work.

As I am not using the IDE theme editor here I am not able to reproduce it. You can ask Rodrigo about that. Perhaps he has an idea what is a causing that.

• Like 1

Thanks Uwe,

I am so dependant on MMX that I would rather remove The IDE theme editor - especially now a dark theme is available in Delphi.

Totally appreciate the tremendous work you put into this.

All the Best

Peter

• Like 1