Uwe Raabe

MMX 15 (Beta) Available

1 hour ago, arnold mueller said:

I'm sorry, but the problem I described above is not resolved.

Yep, that is still on my To-Do list.

On 8/9/2019 at 6:20 PM, Uwe Raabe said:

Can you enable Pre-parse Editor Files and Pre-parse Project Files in General options and see if that helps?

Thanks Uwe. Unfortunately it did not. Pre-parse Editor Files was already checked, the only one unchecked was Pre-parse Project Files, now all four boxes in that group are checked.

Best,

Carlos

The list of known classes is built from parsing the project files (if checked) and the files opened in the editor (at least once when Persistent Module Information is checked).

F.i. to add TInterfacedObjectEx to the known types list, the unit Spring.pas either has to be included in the project or opened in the editor so that MMX can parse the source.

The parsed modules with the types declared are stored per IDE and MMX version in %LOCALAPPDATA%\Raabe Software\MMX Code Explorer\15.0\BDS20_known_modules.xml (for MMX15 in  Delphi Rio). You can inspect that file for the missing type identifiers.

• Thanks 2

17 hours ago, Uwe Raabe said:

The parsed modules with the types declared are stored per IDE and MMX version in %LOCALAPPDATA%\Raabe Software\MMX Code Explorer\15.0\BDS20_known_modules.xml (for MMX15 in  Delphi Rio). You can inspect that file for the missing type identifiers.

Thank you very much, Uwe. It did the trick.

there seems to be a curios problem on latest beta (2346) regarding MMX code explorer window and docking / desktop layouts:

- start with the attached layout (where only difference to standard layout is that code explorer window is docked on left side)

- create, save and compile a new VCL app

- run it once (so that layout switches over to default DEBUG layout)

- open Unit dependency analyzer

- hit F9 to start the project again

--> This undocks Code Explorer windows but does not hide it

image.thumb.png.f832389b443cd356e840f584fd3497fc.png

also after stooping the project it is still visible.

Reloading the use layout results in a changed layout:

image.thumb.png.fd6a178b55218b8bd0a1b8ea11f8e5e5.png

and you cannot drag of the MMX windows any longer. You have to restart the IDE to make it working again.

TEST MMX Error.dst

Edited by ULIK
missing file

Sorry, but I cannot reproduce that here with the attached DST and the steps given. Everything works as expected.

Correction: I can reproduce it - just had to revert the Debug layout to the original before.

At first glance I suspect a second window to be opened. Something to investigate.

Edited by Uwe Raabe

I have just uploaded a new beta 15.0.0.2350: https://www.mmx-delphi.de/downloads/download-info/mmx-beta-build/

bugs fixed:

• there were still problems with AutoToggleObjectInspector
  • message instead of exception on convert with when no with is available
  • sometimes Explorer behaved strange with docking

OT: I was a bit overwhelmed when I realized that there were over 16.000 downloads for MMX 15.0.0.2346 - quite impressive for a beta version. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@John Kouraklis That is mentioned in the text of the beta download page:

Note: Unfortunately Delphi 10.3.2 Rio broke binary compatibility with 10.3 and 10.3.1 – so you need Delphi 10.3.2 to run MMX 15. I am not sure if and when Embarcadero will be able to fix that.

Edited by Uwe Raabe

1 hour ago, John Kouraklis said:

Which build is combatitble with 10.3.1?

I decided to revert the build server to Rio 10.3.1, so future builds will be compatible with all Rio versions. For users on 10.3.2 it is mandatory to install the Runtime Compatility Patch then.

A new build is expected for later this day.

Uwe, should my last reported error

been fixed with that build 2352?  You mentioned 

sometimes Explorer behaved strange with docking

but I can still reproduce it.

Indeed. Not sure what scenario I tested then. I am also wondering what Unit Dependency Analyzer has to do with it.

OK, I found why I thought the problem to be fixed: It happens only under some complex conditions which were not always satisfied in my test configuration.

• Thanks 2