John Kouraklis

Advisor/Product Manager

Hi all,

I am setting up a new startup company to produce software for education. 

I am looking for someone with experience in product management who will act as advisor. At the moment there is no budget for salary or fees but I am very happy to give away a percentage of the company.

The role will not involve any development but I want to have someone to discuss technological choices, directions and  decisions. 

If you are interested please drop me an email. I am happy to have a call or a skype chat.

Thanks

John

• Like 1

What about "pedagogical" input? You got that covered?

@Dany Marmur Yes, I've got some people with experience in education and I've been working in higher education institutions for some time so there's much knowledge and experience in this.

Of course, I am always open to people who combine soft dev skills with good knowledge of the education domain.

Have you got experience on this?

My only higher education is "educational theory", and not very much. My political youth started off in the "pupils organisation". While i have not worked much explicitly with educational tools, the way i deliver and develop involves a lot of learning on all sides (for me to).

During the last 10 or so years i have been the primary sounding board of a friend who successfully trained her daughter (visually, spatially, think nobel prise 2015 about hippocampus). The daughter has Aspergers and not just a sniff of it. The balance of this task is very difficult, my friend is trying to write for other parents and especially for "strategic" educational staff (who are lacking, believe me). The really tricky stuff here is the balance between referencing scientific papers and at the same time getting through with explanations to the target audience. I can help since i'm a developer and a science-fiction freak so i "kind-of" get stuff that other "normally thinking" (that is her expression) have a very hard time understanding when they attack these problems emotionally. The insights and "aha"s when we discuss these things are simply amazing and it is a privilege for me the whole process. Also Neal Stephensons latest "Fall; or Dodge in hell" is all about the these "new" findings, reading it i went "wait did he overhear our discussions"??! Brilliant. Even the bacteria in you gut is part of your mental development, this is now proven. We realise (all of us) that there is absolutely nothing like having just a working brain without nerves and all else. Please read it! Although i am digressing...

I am always interested in educational aspects of, hmm, everything. And IMHO a lot of e-learning initiatives are very poorly thought through and lacks a connection to the actual science*. So i asked out of general interest. You being a developer, perhaps with a practical (not commercial) understanding of neural nets and a lot of think-traps, i was interested to see if this project stood out from some stuff i have seen.

I could perhaps review something and it would be up to you to discard my views, that could prove interesting for me too. It is always good to be able to be of use w/o having to write up contracts and send moneys back and forth. I'd probably get something out of it anyway.

* Educational theory (pedagagics) as a scientific discipline get's and IMHO deserves a lot of critique. When i studied, in the 90's, "game theory" and the internet for that matter, had not started in earnest. Using games in research was not available to us. So, since brain-research and research in social dynamics has come a long way i think. The winning brain-theory was that of an CPU as the ego and ancillary parts of the brain working like a computer. Completey wrong but a lot of people still acts as if that were true.

Of course, i have sent you a good address.

Hi John,

Currently I am managing a team that is developing a product from scratch for the corporate training domain. I believe I can help you a bit here. Here are my suggestions for you.

Choose the following latest technologies if you are procuring licensed software

Language - C#.net

Backend - Asp.net BoilerPlate, REST Web API

Frontend - Angular 8, HTML5, CSS, Single Page Application

Database - SQL Server 15.0 / Azure SQL

Environment - On-Prem/Cloud based on need

Architecture - Desktop, Laptop, Mobile, Tablet

Please let me know if you need any other information.

Thanks

Antony Augustus L

antony_agustus@yahoo.com