sh17

Is there already a statistic about the new registrations?

9 minutes ago, Markus Kinzler said:

We have 317 new registrations since the official kick off.

But will we get a statistics page like the one from our german Delphi-Praxis?

Yes, there will be some sort of statistics. But to be honest, this has no top-priority for me.

• Like 1

I shared a post about this forum in the two largest Delphi groups on Facebook today. Let's see how it affects the statistics.

• Thanks 1

😄 Nice eastern Frisia diagram. Similar to their national flag (white eagle on white background).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@Markus Kinzler how about add "Total: X"

(as info text not as bar/beam, maby add to/replace "New members" header, like "New members (All = X)"?)

Edited by KodeZwerg

Awww, come on. This is good for the brain. a little mental arithmatic keeps your mind sharp. 

😄

• Haha 1

On 29. Oktober 2018 at 11:13 AM, sh17 said:

I shared a post about this forum in the two largest Delphi groups on Facebook today. Let's see how it affects the statistics.

Well, from 29. to 30. there is a reduction of 50% (44 -> 21) and after that another reduction of nearly 50%.

When the shared post had an effect at all it seems to be a negative one ...

The number of members is still rising. The start of the Forum was at november october 26th. We cannot expect that the registering rate being high constantly.

More important is the number of new topics and posts. Sven asked for a statitics of new users. That was the reason I made this excel chart. When all basics of this forum are done, where be a more meaningful statistic.

Edited by Markus Kinzler

12 minutes ago, Markus Kinzler said:

The start of the Forum was at november 26th.

I think we are living in different times...... 😉

And what do you think after more than a month? Was it a good decision to provide this page?

Although there are no usage statistics for the G+ Delphi Developers, there is no doubt that the near 10k user count it has, in no way represent the actual number of active users, nor does it indicate the number of lurkers.

I had one GExperts user who told me that he won't register to en.delphipraxis.net because he didn't like the Terms of Service. He's probably not the only one.

This is the part he didn't like:

> You grant Delphi-PRAXiS the non-exclusive irrevocable, unrestricted, and geographically unlimited, permanent right to use and commercialize the contents you make available in chats and forums in the Delphi-PRAXiS Internet presence, free of charge and license-free. In particular, you grant Delphi-PRAXiS the right to duplicate, distribute, communicate, amend, edit, modify or translate the contents, to publish modifications, amendments or translations of the contents, as well as to transmit the contents electronically or non-electronically to interactive areas, to lease the contents or grant sub-licenses to third parties in any way. <

He said that this would allow DP admins to modify his posts to make them say something he never meant to say.

• Sad 1

Sounds like the std terms for any social media platform, i.e. meaning that the content will be massaged electronically to fit onto different devices and delivery methods.