PeterPanettone

wuppdi Welcome Page destroys Delphi IDE 10.3.1 start screen

image.thumb.png.6fe75d8f927689dcf488d3947d68db68.png

The wuppdi Welcome Page start-screen text overwrites the next line on the IDE start-screen, as you can see from the above screenshot.

That is a known problem with the scroll mechanism used in the splash screen. As different SKUs have different background colors, the code uses the last scan line to fill the newly added lines when scrolling (seems not like the wisest decision). If the last scan line has some text you end up with the effect seen above. This affects all plugins with a multi-line description when they happen to be displayed at the bottom before scrolling.

The only workaround I have found is to uninstall it WWP package, then restart the IDE, and then reinstall it. This makes the "wuppdi" splash text go at the end of the splash list:

image.thumb.png.1f0b0b440789f81265b1694039c25fff.png

But as soon as I would add another package it would go up in the list again and the problem would reappear.

So is there no way for me as a user to fix this problem?

You can try to put the WWP as the first package to be loaded. That is a bit of manual work:

• export the Known Packages key in the registry to a file
  • delete the Known Packages key in the registry
  • edit the reg file so that WWP is first after the standard packages
  • import the reg file
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Uwe Raabe said:

as the first package to be loaded

Are you sure you mean "as the first package to be loaded"? Wouldn't that move the problem at the top of the splash list?

35 minutes ago, PeterPanettone said:

Wouldn't that move the problem at the top of the splash list?

No, because the problem occurs only with the package that is at the bottom when scrolling is imminent. The first package usually appears above that bottom line.

Of course, if you have many experts installed occupying that place, there is no chance to solve that.

Just to make it clear: It is not a problem of the packages, but of the Delphi splash screen implementation. The package just registers itself with the SplashScreenService. The drawing is done somewhere else.

This problem was fixed some time ago, but maybe not for your version of Delphi, it if it not the latest release.

I usually support just the latest version of RAD Studio, simply because I have no older versions installed right now.

Daniel, first of all, thank you very much for the WWP!

And I suppose you wouldn't give away the source for users to compile it themselves for their version?

• Like 1