Tom Mueller

Different core file dates in 10.3.2

After installing Delphi Rio Update 2 with the WebInstaller, I realized that some core files are dated from 08. July 2019 00:55 and others from 30. July 2019 15:55.

The build number is 26.0.34749.6593 and as far as I remember this build was release on the 08. July 2019.

So, how can it be that a lot of core files, like BDS.exe and BPLs have a newer date than the release date but the same build number?

Any Ideas?

All of those informations can be set manually with a multitude of tools, they are nothing to rely on.

21 minutes ago, Sherlock said:

All of those informations can be set manually with a multitude of tools, they are nothing to rely on.

It was a question by Tom concerning the potential mix of the WebInstaller using already a newer built than the initial 10.3.2.

Until now I never noticed any time stamps in installed software that was AFTER the shipment of the software release.

Edited by Günther Schoch

There was a 'b' version of the ISO a short while after it first became available.  Perhaps this had only a few files changed, and these are now also in the alternate installer (which I have nerer used).