Lars Fosdal

How do I suppress a Inaccessible from C++ warning?

[dcc32 Warning] W1029 Duplicate constructor 'MyClassName.ConstructorName' with identical parameters will be inacessible from C++

{$WARN DUPLICATE_CTOR_DTOR OFF}

does not seem to have any effect in Delphi 10.3.1

I know I can add an extra dummy parameter to change the signature - but shouldn't that $WARN thing have worked too?

Assuming that you don't need to use that code from C++Builder just turn off header generation.

image.thumb.png.702d14bc86c0698f1760049e5f7700ce.png

Edited by Stefan Glienke
  • Thanks 1

It may help to place that directive in the project file instead of the unit with the class declaration.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Uwe Raabe said:

It may help to place that directive in the project file instead of the unit with the class declaration.

Yes, IIRC you're correct.  We had to (IIRC) use the .dproj file switch because for whatever reason (bug?) the compiler ignores the compiler directive but does respect the .dproj flag.  (To add, in our case the "C++ output file generation" was also already off, however the compiler still emits/emitted this warning from one of the Synopse modules e.g. SynCommons.pas: "'ESynException.CreateLastOSError' with identical parameters will be inaccessible from C++" (and checking the module was being recompiled from scratch.)  The only way that worked was the .dproj flag.  

• Like 1

Project Options -> Delphi Compiler -> Hints and Warnings ->  Output warnings -> "Duplicate constructor/destructor with identical parameters will be inacessible from C++" -> False

did the trick.

(Note the typo in the IDE)

• Like 1

Wow! +1 to Lars for asking the question that i should have asked for ages now.

+1 to ByteJuggler for presenting the exact "problem" i have and the solution.

I love this forum.