futuron

MacOS64: No icon when submitting to store

Has anyone tried to send a MacOS64 app to the Apple App Store yet?

Using Application Loader inside Xcode 10.3 on Mojave 10.14.6.

When I upload an app to submit it to the store no icon is displayed. The pkg file uploads just fine however checking inside "App Store Connect" (former iTunes connect) the uploaded build also does not have an icon. Apple's shows a question-mark instead.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Anything wrong with my Delphi install?

Also tried the same with an empty-form-app and using Embarcadero's default app icons. Same thing: icon is not showing within Application Loader...

I was sooo glad seeing that there's finally 64bit support for Mac...

Please help! 

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2019-08-25 at 10.17.38 PM.png

Did some more digging. I don't think Application Loader is the problem.

* When I upload an ipa-package (for iOS) then the logo is shown inside the Application Loader.

* When I upload a pkg-package (for MacOS) then no logo is shown. (see picture)

As said in my original post, if I proceed to send the pkg-package to Apple no icon is shown inside App Store connect which probably means that the pkg truly does not contain an icon.

Do you have the same issue or am I the only one with this?

Do you know who to contact (or where to send this) to report this issue and find someone to help me?

Screen Shot 2019-08-28 at 9.54.57 AM.png

Hi,

Did you create an .icns fle with 512x512 and 512x512@2x pngs?  I didn't have any problem once I figured out how to do that.  I can give you some help with that if that's what you need.

Can I ask you - I am having trouble submitting a project with a space in the application name.  It looks like you are doing that.  Have you been successful?  If so, how did you get the app name when installed to have spaces?  I can't get it to change from the FMX project name, which cannot have spaces.  Thanks.

Thanks Scott. I think I'm close to the solution and currently waiting for Apple's approval to release the app. Once I'm 100% certain I will update this threat.

As for adding a space to the app-name, unfortunately I had to do that manually, although it's quite easy to do:

* first compile the app for MacOS (release-version). The result will be for instance "Filename.app", created in your scratch-directory

* then rename that file into a file with the space in its name; for instance: "File Name.app"

* then open Terminal and copy a script that says something like (make sure you change YOUR NAME into the name as you have mentioned it in your keychain):

productbuild --component "File Name.app" /Applications --sign "3rd Party Mac Developer Installer: YOUR NAME" --product "File Name.app/Contents/Info.plist" "File Name.pkg"

The output will be: "File Name.pkg" that you can submit to Apple's Store.

Thanks for your kind response.

I will try manually making the package as you suggest.  Wasn't sure if there was some magic that FMX was performing in creating the package - I'm use to changing the .app name since that's what I've done for self-distributing the .app

Let me know if you need help with the icons.

Scott

Good news.

Our app is now available on the Mac Store and Apple finally approved the MacOS app.

Long story short, for whomever runs into the same issue and has the same question... Just continue while not seeing an icon and submit the app.

Tell to have Apple review the app and after that process the icon magically appears from then on, also inside Application Loader.

Thus, the icns file was perfectly fine. Somehow this is/was at Apple's end, and in the end, nothing to worry about.

Hope this helps!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1