Stefan Glienke

Do we have a spam problem?

Even though I don't see them pop up when browsing the forum itself (kudos to the mods being quick enough or having automated it) I see stuff like this on beginend.net almost every day recently:

image.png.39ac7d550306d22d885717cff566b9ea.png

• Confused 1

Those pesky bots overrun our defenses constantly, but combined with the keen eyes of our members we valiantly keep fighting them off.

TL;DR: Yepp, we're working on it though.

• Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Sherlock said:

Those pesky bots overrun our defenses constantly, but combined with the keen eyes of our members we valiantly keep fighting them off.

TL;DR: Yepp, we're working on it though.

And they are back. 😞

Once or twice, i have this HUGE list of CRAP. I wait 2 minutes, press "reload", and real posts are "back" (where they should be). Obviously these 2 occasions are by "chance". But the conclusion is that moderators here and ON. Where do i put the rep? Where do i send the rare surplus of monies? It's very similar to the Firebird Foundation, keep going, don't believe the hype.

The mods do a great job here, but we definitely will have some more protection against these spammers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/28/2019 at 9:47 AM, Stefan Glienke said:

Even though I don't see them pop up when browsing the forum itself (kudos to the mods being quick enough or having automated it) I see stuff like this on beginend.net almost every day recently:

image.png.39ac7d550306d22d885717cff566b9ea.png

Hey, you deal with the Delphi IDE long enough, you need a fistful of cheap unmarked pills of dubious provenance to get through the day! :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Joseph MItzen said:

Hey, you deal with the Delphi IDE long enough, you need a fistful of cheap unmarked pills of dubious provenance to get through the day! :classic_biggrin:

As long as they are round and colorful I'll take 'em.

• Like 1