ertank

IDE changes monitor when debug run

Hello,

Everybody has own needs. Working on a multi-monitor system. I do not want to have IDE jump from one monitor to other when I start debugging. I failed to find a report about that and add one myself.

https://quality.embarcadero.com/browse/RSP-25646

It is indicated to be under consideration. I would like if you choose to vote for it. I do strongly believe that will help people working using Delphi on a multi-monitor systems.

Thanks & regards,

Ertan

Are those settings really not stored when you save the Debug Desktop?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sherlock said:

Are those settings really not stored when you save the Debug Desktop?

Monitor where you save layout is stored now. My part, I do not want it to store that.

Aha, I understand. It would be more flexible if the IDE would stay on the monitor it was last seen on. OK. I have a rather static setup with my two monitors, so I don't have that issue.

• Like 1

I also voted for this. Whenever I close the project, the IDE jumps to another monitor. If I reopen the project it jumps back to the previous monitor. I have always found that extremely annoying.

Thx for creating the ticket! 🙂

A version of this problem goes back to at least Delphi 7. I have most of the IDE and forms on the left monitor, the source code window and some of the other windows on the right monitor. I'll click on the menu and then options (yes, there are hot keys and/or icons in both the IDE and the Editor to do the same thing, but I'm old and set in my ways) and the Project Options will open up in the middle of the right monitor, even past the edge of the Delphi setup itself (I always have visible windows monitoring this that or another in the remaining space on the right). I click on the UltraMon button to move the dialogue back to the left monitor, but the next time I go get it via the menu, it's back to the right. Never learns my preference.

Now, is it different if I use a button or a hotkey? Don't know, never occurred to me to find out :classic_wacko:! Still, it's indicative of this being a long-standing problem with Delphi. For whatever that's worth. GM