Clément

Using ThttpAppSrv for REST Middleware

Hi,

I will start a new project with Delphi Rio and ICS 8.62.
I will send and receive JSON objects and I don't need to return HTML pages, at least not for the first release.

Is ThttpAppSrv Ok to use for REST only , or should I use THttpSrv instead ( I might need to use SSL ).
I want to build a windows service to handle my REST requests. Is there a sample I can take a look?

TIA,

Clément

Look at the new OverbyteIcsSslMultiWebServ sample project, which uses TSslHttpAppSrv, 

From the main unit:  SSL web application server sample, no real GUI, really designed  to be a Windows service application. It supports multiple SSL hosts with multiple listeners, each with it's own logging file,  can order it's own SSL certificates, includes hacking protection, and will email status information and errors to an administrator. If turned into a Windows service, this sample is really a commercial web server.

ICS units includes functions to read all parameters from INI files, and one is included OverbyteIcsSslMultiWebServ.ini. 

Much of the code for this sample comes from my own public web application server that uses SQL server, and has been running for 10 years always using the latest ICS versions, the link is to the monitoring page that shows what it's doing.

Angus

8 hours ago, Angus Robertson said:

Look at the new OverbyteIcsSslMultiWebServ sample project, which uses TSslHttpAppSrv, 

From the main unit:  SSL web application server sample, no real GUI, really designed  to be a Windows service application. It supports multiple SSL hosts with multiple listeners, each with it's own logging file,  can order it's own SSL certificates, includes hacking protection, and will email status information and errors to an administrator. If turned into a Windows service, this sample is really a commercial web server.

ICS units includes functions to read all parameters from INI files, and one is included OverbyteIcsSslMultiWebServ.ini. 

Much of the code for this sample comes from my own public web application server that uses SQL server, and has been running for 10 years always using the latest ICS versions, the link is to the monitoring page that shows what it's doing.

Angus

Wow! I will take a look. Thanks a lot.