dkprojektai

Very strange issue, Thread exits without any notice

Hello, I made some software in which on thread exception program exits(terminates) without any notice. What I do..

Make thread...

FThread := TWorkerThread.Create(true);
  FThread.FreeOnTerminate := true;
  FThread.Start;

After, I work with dll in it...

try

Try

raise Exception.Create('Test Exception'); ----<<<< if here, no problem

candidates:= Processor_analyze(proc,p,3*W, W, H,StrToInt(max_height)); ----<<<< call from dll

raise Exception.Create('Test Exception'); ----<<<< if here, no problem

except
      //
   end;

raise Exception.Create('Test Exception'); ----<<<< if here - program terminates

except
  //
end;

Can somebody help to solve? What to check? where to dig? Thanks.

I have Delphi 10.2

try

Try ----<<< deleted

candidates:= Processor_analyze(proc,p,3*W, W, H,StrToInt(max_height)); ----<<<< call from dll

except ----<<< deleted
      //
   end; ----<<< deleted

raise Exception.Create('Test Exception'); ----<<<< if here - program terminates

except
  //
end;

Miracle - I commented try except block and it start working like usual :))))

Maybe any comments?

Random crashes like this usually tend to imply that there is possible memory corruption at play.  What does Processor_analyze() actually do internally (if you have its source code), and are you sure you have declared it correctly (if importing it from a DLL)?

Edited by Remy Lebeau

I have just adjusted the title of this topic. Just „very strange issue“ could also apply to nearly everything. 😉

• Like 1

On 9/4/2019 at 10:53 PM, Remy Lebeau said:

Random crashes like this usually tend to imply that there is possible memory corruption at play.  What does Processor_analyze() actually do internally (if you have its source code), and are you sure you have declared it correctly (if importing it from a DLL)?

This.

I remember having a similar issue a couple of years ago calling .DLL exported functions when I switched from D7 to D10.2. The issue was memory allocation for a string (* SizeOf(Char) was not included) which lead to a nice and beautiful memory corruption. The application always crashed several functions later so it was a pain in the butt to find it.

Anyways, memory corruption would indeed be my guess in this case, too.