Geoffrey Smith

Linux Platform target - problem with linking

Hi,

I’ve been trying to get the Linux Target platform working in Delphi.  I setup PAServer and can connect, but when I download the platform sdk from my Ubuntu 16.04 VM, after some time it asks to overwrite some files that already exist. 

I can choose yes or no here but I always end up with the error below

[DCC Error] E2597 C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\bin\ld-linux.exe: error: cannot find -lrtlhelper_PIC

c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\19.0\lib\Linux64\debug\System.o:System:function System::fpu_init(): error: undefined reference to 'fpu_init'

c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\19.0\lib\Linux64\debug\System.o:System:function System::_GetCPUID(unsigned int, unsigned int): error: undefined reference to '_system_GetCPUID'

[DCC Fatal Error] F2588 Linker error code: 1 ($00000001)

How can I get this to work?

Thanks

Actually it seems it cannot find librtlhelper_PIC.a.  Make sure that C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\lib\linux64\debug or release is in your path.

Edited by Allen@Grijjy
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Allen@Grijjy said:

Actually it seems it cannot find librtlhelper_PIC.a.  Make sure that C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\lib\linux64\debug or release is in your path.

Thanks for that.  Problem solved! 🙂 I was expecting Delphi to have a reasonable default for my first ever linux build.  Obviously I was wrong about it being reasonable!

25 minutes ago, Geoffrey Smith said:

Thanks for that.  Problem solved! 🙂 I was expecting Delphi to have a reasonable default for my first ever linux build.  Obviously I was wrong about it being reasonable!

It's probably that your Delphi library path has environment variables that point to this folder, but those environment variables are not working for some other reason.