DeveloperMachines

FireDataGrid 1.7 for RAD 10.3.2 Rio has been released!

Colleagues!

We are pleased to present an updated version of the grid component for Delphi FireMonkey - FireDataGrid 1.7. The current version contains many pieces of code that have been completely rewritten to support the current version of FireMonkey RAD Rio 10.3.2.

The current version of the component is fully adapted to work on High DPI monitors. The component scaling is processed very carefully (by the pixels) and does not contain artifacts at different screen resolutions. The rendering speed has been increased, and other grid operation bugs in different modes have also been fixed. Redesigned support for FMX themes and styles, absolutely any FireMonkey themes are now supported.

Improved the grid zooming feature (activated by the Cntrol +"+", Control+"-" or Control + mouse scroll wheel). Zooming now works much faster. Reworked Filter panel and Field Chooser panel. Added visual effect to them.

In addition, bugs have been fixed in the implementation of the TDataSet and the Grid pairing mechanism for read-only, edit modes and in adding new entries mode.

You can download the evaluation version at this link. Please send us your feedback and suggestions. All your wishes will be taken into account in further development!

Below some screenshots are available:

FireDataGrid 1.7 uses Transparent FireMonkey Style

FireDataGrid17_tranparentstyle.thumb.png.c209fe89881eba183ba717e35d223fab.png

FireDataGrid 1.7 uses Windows 10 Modern Blue Style

FireDataGrid17_fixedrows.thumb.png.aa6544614adecc931482ac6b8d015883.png

Sincerely,

Developer Machines

https://www.devmachines.com

Edited by DeveloperMachines
  • Like 1

Try to run one of the compiled demos. Getting the following Exception:

image.png.87f927d0cd9c58b4c6333371efc43ce1.png

Any idea what's wrong?

Edited by RonaldK

I have no idea at the moment why this happening. I checked on a clean machine Windows 10 with a German locale, on which Delphi was not installed at all. Everything starts up. Mystery.

See my screenshot.DemoDoesNotWork.thumb.png.0924fa984bb2878d119b671510ee9f2c.png

1 hour ago, Markus Kinzler said:

Windows 10 1903, but on older version, too. Locale de_DE

Same here. 

The debug version starts with this message:

image.png.2448f0a5a3236359f5a5bbc351fb6cc3.png

and then the old one:

image.png.c6ab2cedd8e5a2cb2eb83bc6566f029c.png

Edited by RonaldK

FWIW that exception also occurs when opening the MainForm in the IDE.

And after that the IDE is trash and raises AV left and right

Here is the relevant call stack:

[50177955]{rtl260.bpl  } System.Classes.TComponent.ValidateRename (Line 16888, "System.Classes.pas" + 4) + $3
[50178110]{rtl260.bpl  } System.Classes.TComponent.SetName (Line 16979, "System.Classes.pas" + 7) + $3
[5006205D]{rtl260.bpl  } System.@UStrAsg (Line 26353, "System.pas" + 19) + $0
[2C3075A3]{DeveloperMachines.FireDataGrid1.bpl} Firedatagrid.TFireGridViewBase + $4B
[2C2919EE]{DeveloperMachines.FireDataGrid1.bpl} Firegridtableview.TFireGridTableView + $16
[2C2689C2]{DeveloperMachines.FireDataGrid1.bpl} Firegridbandedtableview.TFireGridBandedTableView + $16
[2C3014EB]{DeveloperMachines.FireDataGrid1.bpl} Firedatagrid.TFireCustomDataGrid.CreateView + $2F
[2C301546]{DeveloperMachines.FireDataGrid1.bpl} Firedatagrid.TFireCustomDataGrid.SetViewType + $46
[50126816]{rtl260.bpl  } System.TypInfo.SetOrdProp (Line 2878, "System.TypInfo.pas" + 37) + $4
[2100E952]{designide260.bpl} DesignEditors.TPropertyEditor.SetOrdValue (Line 840, "DesignEditors.pas" + 2) + $E

It is caused by the call to TShortCutList.Add with s being 'Ctrl+''=''' which causes TextToShortCut return 0

Knowing that = is on the 0 key on a german keyboard it might make sense that this shortcut cant exist, technically it would either be Ctrl+0 or Ctrl+Shift+0

Just looked at a coworkers US layout keyboard to make sure - they have a '=' key. So you need to create those shortcuts differently.

Edited by Stefan Glienke

You are absolutely right, FMX does not recognize such OEM key on some keyboards (this is clearly seen on the log generated by Markus, in OEM list there is no such key).  Therefore, we will check the very possibility of creating such short-cut and only after that will add it to the action.

>>FWIW that exception also occurs when opening the MainForm in the IDE.

Do you use Rio 10.3.2, right?

Yes, it is caused by loading the grid and then setting the viewtype to bandedtableview (I was referring to the BandedTableViewDemo Mainform) which then causes CreateView to be called which eventually runs into that shortcut thingy.

Very nice grid. It looks really great and feel fast!

I've tried to download the macOS trial, but it seems that there is no download link behind the button.

Is there any demo available?

7 minutes ago, RonaldK said:

I've tried to download the macOS trial, but it seems that there is no download link behind the button.

Is there any demo available?

MacOS version (1.7) will be uploaded next week. But it contains only binary files to understand about how it looks.

P.S. At the moment i can share an old version 1.6 (Seattle).

https://www.devmachines.com/downloads/xxO3Ef02ja/FireDataGridInstaller1.6.0_MacOSXTrial.dmg

MacOS version (1.7) will be uploaded next week. But it contains only binary files to understand about how it looks.

that's ok.

P.S. At the moment i can share an old version 1.6 (Seattle).

https://www.devmachines.com/downloads/xxO3Ef02ja/FireDataGridInstaller1.6.0_MacOSXTrial.dmg

I had already tried this version. It was very unstable.

Looking forward to the new version.

Edited by RonaldK

On 9/6/2019 at 6:15 PM, RonaldK said:

I had already tried this version. It was very unstable.

Looking forward to the new version.

I'd like to inform that the new installation for MacOS is available on our website. It contains binary files for 32 bits. If you would like to test the 64 bit version, 
then install the trial version for Windows 1.7.2 and build the MacOS version 64 bits on your machine. The trial version contains all the necessary DCUs to build the 64-bit version too.