dummzeuch

GExperts 1.3.14 released

When I install 1.3.14 into Delphi 10.3 Update 1, I receive the following error message when the IDE starts:

---------------------------
bds.exe - Einsprungpunkt nicht gefunden
Der Prozedureinsprungpunkt "@System@Classes@TFieldsCache@$bcctr$qqrv" wurde in der DLL "C:\Program Files (x86)\GExperts for RAD Studio 10.3\GExpertsRS103.dll" nicht gefunden.
OK   

Sometimes the IDE continues and works, sometimes it becomes unresponsive and I have to kill it with task manager.

Uninstalled 1.3.14, reinstalled 1.3.13 and everything is fine.

Other installed plugins are:

- FixInsight 1.1.1.6

- Compiler Speed Pack 6.4.1

- IDE Fix Pack 6.4.1

The same happens with 1.3.14 and Delphi 10.2. Update 3 Didn't copy the error message though.

Plugins there:

- FixInsight 1.1.1.5

- Compiler Speed Pack 6.3.1

- IDE Fix Pack 6.3.1

• Thanks 1

I'm currently on vacation and have no access to IDEs newer than XE4, so I can't check this. Would you please file a bug report on SourceForge so it doesn't get lost?

FYI - I use D2007 & D10.3.2.

Periodically I download via svn the latest trunk for GExperts.

The current download will not build for D10.3.2.

No biggie.  Just FYI.

Ian

9 hours ago, Ian Branch said:

FYI - I use D2007 & D10.3.2.

Periodically I download via svn the latest trunk for GExperts.

The current download will not build for D10.3.2.

I removed a unit from the 10.3 dproj file this morning. It might work now, but I cannot test it.

Nope.  Not to worry.  Not critical att. :-)

FYI - This is the first set of errors.

D:\GExperts\source\Utils\GX_IdeUtils.pas(579): error E2003: Undeclared identifier: 'TContainedAction' [D:\GExperts\Projects\DelphiXx103\GExpertsRS103.dproj]
D:\GExperts\source\Utils\GX_IdeUtils.pas(581): error E2033: Types of actual and formal var parameters must be identical [D:\GExperts\Projects\DelphiXx103\GExpertsRS103.dproj]
D:\GExperts\source\Utils\GX_IdeUtils.pas(582): error E2015: Operator not applicable to this operand type [D:\GExperts\Projects\DelphiXx103\GExpertsRS103.dproj]
D:\GExperts\source\Utils\GX_IdeUtils.pas(583): error E2015: Operator not applicable to this operand type [D:\GExperts\Projects\DelphiXx103\GExpertsRS103.dproj]
D:\GExperts\source\Utils\GX_IdeUtils.pas(584): error E2015: Operator not applicable to this operand type [D:\GExperts\Projects\DelphiXx103\GExpertsRS103.dproj]
D:\GExperts\source\Utils\GX_IdeUtils.pas(584): error E2035: Not enough actual parameters [D:\GExperts\Projects\DelphiXx103\GExpertsRS103.dproj]
D:\GExperts\source\Utils\GX_IdeUtils.pas(590): error E2003: Undeclared identifier: 'TContainedAction' [D:\GExperts\Projects\DelphiXx103\GExpertsRS103.dproj]
D:\GExperts\source\Utils\GX_IdeUtils.pas(597): error E2033: Types of actual and formal var parameters must be identical [D:\GExperts\Projects\DelphiXx103\GExpertsRS103.dproj]
D:\GExperts\source\Utils\GX_IdeUtils.pas(598): error E2066: Missing operator or semicolon [D:\GExperts\Projects\DelphiXx103\GExpertsRS103.dproj]
D:\GExperts\source\Utils\GX_IdeUtils.pas(598): error E2035: Not enough actual parameters [D:\GExperts\Projects\DelphiXx103\GExpertsRS103.dproj]
D:\GExperts\source\framework\GX_EditorFormServices.pas(270): error F2063: Could not compile used unit 'GX_IdeUtils.pas' [D:\GExperts\Projects\DelphiXx103\GExpertsRS103.dproj]
Done Building Project "D:\GExperts\Projects\DelphiXx103\GExpertsRS103.dproj" (rebuild target(s)) -- FAILED.

Ian

You have to add (System.)Actions to the uses clause of Gx_IdeUtils.pas for "newer" versions of Delphi to compile.

Newer means, that at least 10.2 and 10.3 need the Actions unit. I can't check with older Delphi versions.

I compiled with 10.3 and copied the resulting dll to the installation directory. No more crashes upon startup and the experts that I used worked. Thanks for the fix.

During start GExperts now complains that some default icons are missing from the icons folder.
I copied GXIcons.rc and GXIcons.res from the sources into a Icons folder underneath the installation folder, but still get the error message shown in the screenshot. GotoExpert.bmp is indeed missing from the images folder in the sources.

2019-09-16 11_55_42-GExperts 1.3.14 released - GExperts - Delphi-PRAXiS [en].png

Edited by luebbe

The Goto expert is work in progress. I'm not yet sure where I want to go with it. So far it's simply a replacement for the Goto enhancement.

On 9/14/2019 at 10:18 PM, Ian Branch said:

Nope.  Not to worry.  Not critical att. :-)

FYI - This is the first set of errors.

D:\GExperts\source\Utils\GX_IdeUtils.pas(579): error E2003: Undeclared identifier: 'TContainedAction' [D:\GExperts\Projects\DelphiXx103\GExpertsRS103.dproj]
D:\GExperts\source\Utils\GX_IdeUtils.pas(581): error E2033: Types of actual and formal var parameters must be identical [D:\GExperts\Projects\DelphiXx103\GExpertsRS103.dproj]
D:\GExperts\source\Utils\GX_IdeUtils.pas(582): error E2015: Operator not applicable to this operand type [D:\GExperts\Projects\DelphiXx103\GExpertsRS103.dproj]
D:\GExperts\source\Utils\GX_IdeUtils.pas(583): error E2015: Operator not applicable to this operand type [D:\GExperts\Projects\DelphiXx103\GExpertsRS103.dproj]
D:\GExperts\source\Utils\GX_IdeUtils.pas(584): error E2015: Operator not applicable to this operand type [D:\GExperts\Projects\DelphiXx103\GExpertsRS103.dproj]
D:\GExperts\source\Utils\GX_IdeUtils.pas(584): error E2035: Not enough actual parameters [D:\GExperts\Projects\DelphiXx103\GExpertsRS103.dproj]
D:\GExperts\source\Utils\GX_IdeUtils.pas(590): error E2003: Undeclared identifier: 'TContainedAction' [D:\GExperts\Projects\DelphiXx103\GExpertsRS103.dproj]
D:\GExperts\source\Utils\GX_IdeUtils.pas(597): error E2033: Types of actual and formal var parameters must be identical [D:\GExperts\Projects\DelphiXx103\GExpertsRS103.dproj]
D:\GExperts\source\Utils\GX_IdeUtils.pas(598): error E2066: Missing operator or semicolon [D:\GExperts\Projects\DelphiXx103\GExpertsRS103.dproj]
D:\GExperts\source\Utils\GX_IdeUtils.pas(598): error E2035: Not enough actual parameters [D:\GExperts\Projects\DelphiXx103\GExpertsRS103.dproj]
D:\GExperts\source\framework\GX_EditorFormServices.pas(270): error F2063: Could not compile used unit 'GX_IdeUtils.pas' [D:\GExperts\Projects\DelphiXx103\GExpertsRS103.dproj]
Done Building Project "D:\GExperts\Projects\DelphiXx103\GExpertsRS103.dproj" (rebuild target(s)) -- FAILED.

Ian

Same here

On 9/13/2019 at 5:17 PM, luebbe said:

When I install 1.3.14 into Delphi 10.3 Update 1, I receive the following error message when the IDE starts:

Der Prozedureinsprungpunkt "@System@Classes@TFieldsCache@$bcctr$qqrv" wurde in der DLL "C:\Program Files (x86)\GExperts for RAD Studio 10.3\GExpertsRS103.dll" nicht gefunden.

https://community.idera.com/developer-tools/b/blog/posts/rad-studio-10-3-2-runtime-packages-compatibility-patch-released

• Like 1