ertank

Communicating RFID with APDU commands

Hello,

I am using Delphi 10.3.2 and I have that project I need to use APDU commands communicating a Mifare card.

I do not know java language. However, Android seems to have support for APDU commands for a very long time (like old versions such as 4.4 has that support). I have found following document:

https://developer.android.com/reference/android/nfc/tech/IsoDep

My problem is, I do not know APDU command use is possible with Delphi 10.3.2 on Android. I have found only one blog about RFID with Delphi FMX and that is for communicating smart tags. Unfortunately not providing help on APDU usage.

http://blong.com/articles/delphixe7nfc/nfc.htm

I can't find any other information about Delphi FMX and APDU.

I appreciate any help.

Thanks & regards,

Ertan

12 hours ago, Dave Nottage said:

In Kotlin, however does this help at all?

Unfortunately not a big help. I have read that article before posting my question in here. I do not know java language. I might use some small app running in the background just to communicate with RFID and send back my Delphi app replies for these commands though. Just not sure if that is possible.

12 hours ago, Dave Nottage said:

It uses the IsoDep class to send the APDU commands

I would like Delphi to use IsoDep.transceive() in a way.

Thanks for the help.

12 hours ago, ertank said:

I do not know java language

If you're going to do any Android development that's even slightly outside of the scope of what's provided for you with Delphi, you need to at least have the basics for Java.

12 hours ago, ertank said:

I might use some small app running in the background just to communicate with RFID and send back my Delphi app replies for these commands though. Just not sure if that is possible

I highly expect it is possible;  it's a matter of knowing enough Java/Kotlin to be able to translate examples into Delphi code.