PeterPanettone

Is Embarcadero a jigsaw puzzle game?

I have Delphi Pro 10.3.1 with an active subscription. Since today is Sunday, I decided this could be a good day to upgrade my Delphi to the current version 10.3.2.

Unfortunately, I discovered that the Delphi IDE About dialog does not have an Update/Upgrade button.

So I visited the Embarcadero website and somehow found this page: maintenance.embarcadero.com

In the Login form, I entered all the credentials one after the other I got from Idera/Embarcadero in the course of the years.

None of them worked.

Since there was a support link on the page I wasted a support case to ask for the credentials to use the maintenance.embarcadero.com service and I also asked for the download location of the Delphi 10.3.2 Installation ISO file.

The answer came in a surprisingly short time. But it did not contain the desired download location but only a never-before-seen access-key to use the maintenance.embarcadero.com service.

So with this access-key, I logged into the maintenance.embarcadero.com service page:

image.thumb.png.84177d3a98537a0a5979bd30f2bca5f8.png

Please note that the upgrade product was not the one I had requested (Delphi Pro 10.3.2) but Delphi XE8 Enterprise (a previously expired subscription). Anyway, I clicked the "Send Email" button and got an email containing a link: "Download your software here".

After having clicked the link I arrived at a page which contained these download links:

image.thumb.png.82f0c9518f88be121147360bf3479826.png

But since these are not the download links I requested:

HOW CAN I SOLVE THIS JIGSAW PUZZLE GAME? (Without wasting another support case) (Or is this an Internet scavenger hunt?)

UPDATE:

After searching with Google, I only found the WebInstaller download: ID: 30880, RAD Studio, Delphi, C++Builder 10.3.2 Web Install

After a lot more searching I found this: ID: 30883, RAD Studio, Delphi, C++Builder 10.3.2 ISO, but it contains both Delphi and C++ and it is a 7 GB download.

Since I need only Delphi: Isn't there an ISO download containing only Delphi without C++ ?

Edited by PeterPanettone

25 minutes ago, PeterPanettone said:

HOW CAN I SOLVE THIS JIGSAW PUZZLE GAME? (Without wasting another support case) (Or is this an Internet scavenger hunt?)

Installation support is free.

Does anybody know the location for the DELPHI ISO download? (Without C++). I seem to remember that previous versions had this opportunity.

Edited by PeterPanettone

13 minutes ago, Dalija Prasnikar said:

Installation support is free.

I am happy to hear that. But the support person has sent me the wrong information.

Is there installation support at Embarcadero which is able to send requested correct information?

Edited by PeterPanettone

58 minutes ago, PeterPanettone said:

I am happy to hear that. But the support person has sent me the wrong information.

Is there installation support at Embarcadero which is able to send requested correct information?

https://www.embarcadero.com/support you should choose Installation support. What bothers me now, is that as far as I can remember at that page it was clearly marked that installation support was free. Now it does not say that. I will have to check through other channels. 

3 hours ago, PeterPanettone said:

Does anybody know the location for the DELPHI ISO download? (Without C++). I seem to remember that previous versions had this opportunity.

Only if you use the web installer.

The ISO installer has always contained the Delphi and C++ Builder Installers in one.

Edited by Ugochukwu Mmaduekwe
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Dalija Prasnikar said:

Just confirmed by @Marco Cantu installation support is free if you have active subscription.

Thanks for the information. But the email I got di not tell me whether this was installation support or not. So I rather have to assume it was not installation support.