Ian Branch

Check what Patches I have installed, or not?

Hi Team,

D10.3.2. - Where/how do I check/confirm what patches I have or haven't installed into my Delphi?

With the several Patches so far, I am uncertain which ones I have actually installed.

I see docwiki,emb..... says there is a 'Check for Updates' allegedly in my Program Menu but there isn't.

Regards & TIA,

Ian

• Like 3

AFAIK, since some patches are manually installed (files copied to a folder), currently there's no automated way of knowing if you have all the patches installed.  Use this list of patches and go through each one to manually verify:

https://community.idera.com/developer-tools/b/blog/posts/rad-studio-delphi-and-c-builder-10-3-2-list-of-patches

I imagine someone could write a tool to scan your installation and tell you which patch level you are at...

• Like 2

Darian,

It was that list that prompted the question.  I am sure I have installed at least 3 of them but I am not sure and I probably didn't install them if they seemed to be specific to C++, however I note in David's article that they should be installed anyway.

Is it safe to reinstall them again from the start even if they have already been installed?  I infer from David's article that it may not.

Ian

As long as you repeat them in the right order, I assume it work out fine as you will end up with all updates.  But, it also might be a good opportunity to rebuild from scratch.

What I have been considering building is a resource for every hotfix for every version, listed in order.  Today it's a mess to try to go back and figure out how to properly install an older version and get all updates.  I am waiting until their new EDN portal is released - hopefully they will have that ability built-in.

• Like 2

On 10/4/2019 at 10:00 AM, Darian Miller said:

What I have been considering building is a resource for every hotfix for every version, listed in order.  Today it's a mess to try to go back and figure out how to properly install an older version and get all updates.  I am waiting until their new EDN portal is released - hopefully they will have that ability built-in.

I had this idea brewing for a bit, so while working on another project, I put together some info on 10.3+ in a Github Wiki as a start.  Since a new EDN portal is coming with 10.3.3, perhaps this won't be needed to be populated for older versions....I might do so if the EDN portal is underwhelming, or if I just want all the info in one place and I have more time:

https://github.com/ideasawakened/DelphiKB/wiki/Delphi-Master-Release-List

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Darian Miller said:

I might do so if the EDN portal is underwhelming

Well, at least we all learn to enjoy xcopy again.. EMBT where upgrading is a no brainer 🙂