Yaron

Any update on the v10.3.3 release?

Even though I have a subscription, I did not receive an invitation and now I have a quick Android project that I wanted to beta-test through the play store and... impossible.

While this is a small hurdle now, there are projects that are due in a month or two that I simple can't release, it doesn't seem like google is accepting exemptions on new projects.

• Sad 1

Please email Calvin Tang at Embarcadero. His email address is the usual pattern, i.e. firstname.lastname@embarcadero.com

• Like 1

I'm wondering if there's a release date planned, I hate installing Delphi each time, takes a while to get everything re-configured on a clean install and doing in-place upgrades has been hit & miss for me.

1 hour ago, Dave Nottage said:

Please email Calvin Tang at Embarcadero. His email address is the usual pattern, i.e. firstname.lastname@embarcadero.com

Or email the RAD Studio beta directly: rad.beta@embarcadero.com

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Yaron said:

I'm wondering if there's a release date planned

Nothing has been announced publicly yet.

6 hours ago, Yaron said:

I hate installing Delphi each time, takes a while to get everything re-configured on a clean install

Use a virtual machine.

1 hour ago, Rollo62 said:

Use a virtual machine.

I use a VM. Installing a new Delphi update is just as much of a PITA on a VM as on a host machine.

• Like 7

Just got word from google that my 32bit project that was in beta would not be approved for the extension, not sure if it was because it was in beta or if I requested the extension too late.

It's a shame that Embarcadero couldn't get the extension accepted all the way to the actual release date of v10.3.3.

Now I'm stuck between a choice of two bad options:

1. Waste hours installing a beta version.

2. Wait an unknown period of time with the hope that a release will be out soon.

All this while the clock is ticking on my subscription and without the ability to release anything for Android.

Edited by Yaron
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Yaron said:

Just got word from google that my 32bit project that was in beta would not be approved for the extension, not sure if it was because it was in beta or if I requested the extension too late.

There is ongoing beta open for people on update subscription. You can participate and use it for publishing 64bit app on Play Store.

https://community.idera.com/developer-tools/b/blog/posts/addressing-ios-13-and-android-64-bit-with-rad-studio 

17 minutes ago, Dalija Prasnikar said:

There is ongoing beta open for people on update subscription. You can participate and use it for publishing 64bit app on Play Store.

https://community.idera.com/developer-tools/b/blog/posts/addressing-ios-13-and-android-64-bit-with-rad-studio 

I'm aware of the beta, but like I wrote above, I would like to avoid wasting an entire work day installing & configuring a beta version of Delphi if the final release is just around the corner.

And if it's not just around the corner then my subscription might end and I'll be stuck with a beta version.

Like I wrote, no good options for me to plan for when no release information is forthcoming.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Yaron said:

I'm aware of the beta, but like I wrote above, I would like to avoid wasting an entire work day installing & configuring a beta version of Delphi if the final release is just around the corner.

And if it's not just around the corner then my subscription might end and I'll be stuck with a beta version.

Like I wrote, no good options for me to plan for when no release information is forthcoming.

You will not get answer to your question. Release dates are unknown to the public.  Once version is released it is announced and that is it. Anything else is speculating.

28 minutes ago, Yaron said:

Well, then simply renew your subscription and you are good.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Dalija Prasnikar said:

Release dates are unknown to the public.

They're unknown internally too. I'll never forget the time Marco scheduled a preview webinar for an upcoming release and Embarcadero went and released it two or three days before the preview was scheduled! Marco joked it was now a "postview webinar", but it struck  me as strange that not even the project manager had any idea when the product would be released.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

6 hours ago, Joseph MItzen said:

it struck  me as strange that not even the project manager had any idea when the product would be released.

I am pretty sure he definitely had an idea, but then things were going to change a bit. Let's see the positive side: Embarcadero obviously has some sort of agile culture.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Alexander Elagin said:

Deja vu :classic_rolleyes:

When an open source project doesn't have a precise release date it's not good but still ok. Especially considering the fact that the project is not backed by IBM, Google or other big entity and people working on the project on spare time.

On 10/17/2019 at 3:09 AM, Remy Lebeau said:

Or email the RAD Studio beta directly: rad.beta@embarcadero.com 

Since I've now reached a point where I must take action, I've done as you suggested, hopefully the process will be speedy.

On 10/24/2019 at 1:21 AM, Joseph MItzen said:

They're unknown internally too. I'll never forget the time Marco scheduled a preview webinar for an upcoming release and Embarcadero went and released it two or three days before the preview was scheduled! Marco joked it was now a "postview webinar", but it struck  me as strange that not even the project manager had any idea when the product would be released.

I remember that as well..a bit sad in my view.

So, there is Embarcadero and then there is Delphi's Product Manager. I wonder how this works...

Feels like the product manager is a freelance and outsourced position:classic_unsure:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, John Kouraklis said:

I remember that as well..a bit sad in my view.

So, there is Embarcadero and then there is Delphi's Product Manager. I wonder how this works...

Feels like the product manager is a freelance and outsourced position:classic_unsure:

I had someone from inside Embarcadero tell me once about the layers of management. When I mentioned this, Marco told me that my understanding of the hierarchy was wrong and proceeded to try to explain it to me. Rather than convincing me that it was simpler, I felt like I needed flowchart paper to follow his explanation. 🙂 From what I recall there was a manager to manage the coders as well as the product manager (which he mentioned entailed a bit of marketing in the job description) and then when AppMethod was cancelled Sara DuPont because a sort of "co-manager", etc. Before Idera at least there were various Vice-Presidents in charge of software, etc. In neither version did I get an idea that there was one clear person in charge of guiding Delphi. Maybe things are different now with Idera and Atanas Popov.