dummzeuch

Theming in the IDE

The theming stuff in the IDE is really a pain in the lower back. It not only broke the menus in the dockable GExperts windows (e.g. Grep Result), it also breaks the extensions to the Search Path dialog. 😞

https://sourceforge.net/p/gexperts/bugs/86/

Apart from that there are several dialogs that were apparently overlooked for theming, e.g. the Build Events dialog.

I wonder whether the same problem exist in Delphi 10.3.

It's probably pointless asking anybody in the beta program to test it because they would not be allowed to tell me...

With reference to theming in 10.2.3, I've had a mixed bag.

My main dockable window for my code browser themes if I do it one way but blows up the IDE if I refactor the code to an external record to encapsulate the methods. The options frames theme but most if not all of my model dialogues AV when registering them for theming (IOTAIDEThemingServices250.RegisterFormClass()) and I've lost count of the number of hours of trail and error trying to determine what is in the form (DFM) that causes it.

• Like 1

On 11/4/2018 at 12:07 PM, dummzeuch said:

I wonder whether the same problem exist in Delphi 10.3.

Get into the beta - I guess being a maintainer of one of the most noticeable IDE plugins might help even if you are not on subscription personally.

@Marco Cantu @David Millington might be helpful with that.

Edited by Stefan Glienke

2 hours ago, Stefan Glienke said:

Get into the beta - I guess being a maintainer of one of the most noticeable IDE plugins might help even if you are not on subscription personally.

@Marco Cantu @David Millington

No, neither will I become an MVP. I don't like the strings attached.

(My personal choice, so I'll have to live with it.)

most if not all of my model dialogues AV when registering them for theming (IOTAIDEThemingServices250.RegisterFormClass())

This one should be fixed in 10.3.

In terms of theme breaking - that bug isn't seen in 10.3, but it's the first time I've heard of it in 10.2.3 either. Is there a bug report?