Francisco

Arab in iOS

Hi:

I am translating my app to several languages.

Arab works in Android and Windows.  However, it is not possible to see any Arab text in iOS.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

1 minute ago, David Heffernan said:

Firemonkey doesn't support right to left languages. Delphi is the wrong tool for you I am afraid. 

As I commented, it works in Android and Windows. Only problems in iOS

to be more clear, in iOS no text in shown in the app when runnning.

in Android and Window the text is shown correctly.

I think it is related to iOS, no to FMX. Ir is only showing text, no text input needed.

Too little details. Stock TLabel component doesn't work with right to left languages.

I don't understand how it works on Android but if it does maybe on iOS is font related.

Edited by Cristian Peța

49 minutes ago, Cristian Peța said:

Too little details. Stock TLabel component doesn't work with right to left languages.

I don't understand how it works on Android but if it does maybe on iOS is font related.

Yes... good idea. I will try different fonts.

What I am doing is using google translator. I just copy the translation from the google page and I paste in the label text. It seems to work...

I haven't been doing anything with FireMonkey for a few years now, but maybe the TLabel on Android is a native component and the operating system handles the text while on iOS, it's basically a FireMonkey paintbox that does not support RTL text?