MikeMon

Keyboard Covers the Focused Controls

Is there an out-of-the-box way for the screen to move up when the keyboard pops up and covers the focused control, e.g. edit boxes, memos, etc.? Currently we use a vertical scroll box and plenty of code (onVirtualKeyboardShown & onVirtualKeyboardHidden) we found online.

Just out of curiosity how does an Android Java or an iOS Swift App do this?

33 minutes ago, Sherlock said:

Just out of curiosity how does an Android Java or an iOS Swift App do this?

I'm curious, too.

Scrollable forms is the way to deal with this.

I use OrangeUI in one of my app and they have a way that manages it more smoothly and easier. But this is a totally different framework to use

19 minutes ago, John Kouraklis said:

Scrollable forms is the way to deal with this.

I use OrangeUI in one of my app and they have a way that manages it more smoothly and easier. But this is a totally different framework to use

I believe it should happen automatically and no code should be involved. Anything focused but covered by the popped up keyboard should be scrolled up automatically to be visible.

@MikeMon Does the solution offered by @pietrt work?

On 11/4/2019 at 1:34 PM, MikeMon said:

I believe it should happen automatically and no code should be involved. Anything focused but covered by the popped up keyboard should be scrolled up automatically to be visible.

If you read the answer on stackoverflow, you'll see that a scrollable container is always required.

19 hours ago, John Kouraklis said:

@MikeMon Does the solution offered by @pietrt work?

If you read the answer on stackoverflow, you'll see that a scrollable container is always required.

Hi John

I never tried it because the app is both for Android and iOS. So, I'm using the solution provided by Embarcadero.

• Thanks 1