ULIK

Expand Macro Template: not working right if 'Umlauts' are available on source code

Hi Thomas,

as I'm not sure if comments on SourceForge bugs getting you attention, so I post here too: I have added some comments on issue #79: https://sourceforge.net/p/gexperts/bugs/79/

It would be fine if you could check the proposed change (and most probably complete my missed parts)

In short, the expanded template seems to be added fine but deletion of template code fails as it considers the position as character based while the expansion calculated it byte based.

Thank you!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ULIK said:

as I'm not sure if comments on SourceForge bugs getting you attention, so I post here too

I'm getting an email for each change there. I have got a filter on these emails so they don't trigger any notification on my smartphone, but I definitely get and read them, and since they stay in my GExperts folder until I delete them manually, there is a good chance that I see them when I have got time to work on the tool (like today).

In contrast to posts here: These I might read but forget that they existed because once they have been marked as read, the forum software won't show them in the "unread topics" view. And that's the view I use to browse the forum.

So: Posting comments (and of course bug reports and feature requests) on SourceForge is the best way to get my attention and also the best way for me to find them later.

Edited by dummzeuch

As to your suggested bugfix: It seems to work fine in my tests, but I am not sure whether it will fix the original problem reported in bug #79, but I'll just assume the best and wait for new bug reports. 😉

• Like 1