Mohammed Nasman

Android Z-Order, Native Controls, and 10.3 Rio

I'm have two issues with v10.3 and TEdit.ControlType set to TControlType.Platform:

1. Under windows (android is fine) using FMX, changing the Height property results in a corrupted dialog (the background isn't filled, showing a 'window' to the form and underlying visual components), here's the code I use to create the TEdit:

textInputEdit                                    := TEdit.Create(MainForm);
  textInputEdit.Parent                             := MainForm;
  textInputEdit.Width                              := Trunc(clientWidth*idMaxWidth);
  textInputEdit.Height                             := Trunc(textInputLabelOK.Font.Size*2);
  textInputEdit.StyledSettings                     := [TStyledSetting.Family];
  textInputEdit.Font.Size                          := textInputLabelOK.Font.Size;
  textInputEdit.ControlType                        := TControlType.Platform;
  {$IFDEF MSWINDOWS}
  textInputEdit.TextSettings.FontColor             := TAlphaColorRec.Black;
  {$ELSE}
  textInputEdit.TextSettings.FontColor             := TAlphaColorRec.White;
  {$ENDIF}
  textInputEdit.KillFocusByReturn                  := True;
  textInputEdit.KeyboardType                       := TVirtualKeyboardType.Alphabet; // is this good?
  textInputEdit.TextPrompt                         := strEnterYourName;
  textInputEdit.SetBounds(Trunc((clientWidth-textInputEdit.Width)/2),Trunc(clientHeight*textInputEditMargin),textInputEdit.Width,textInputEdit.Height);

2. When I enter RTL text into the dialog, the resulting text STILL appears in reverse order when assigned to a TLabel for display.

Edited by Yaron

14 hours ago, Yaron said:

2. When I enter RTL text into the dialog, the resulting text STILL appears in reverse order when assigned to a TLabel for display. 

I think RTL language will work only with controls that has ControlType  property set o Platform, they didn't mention they add it to TLabel.

Yes, but what's the point of all of this if you can't display the text properly...

It's not so much about native control as it's about RTL support...

3 hours ago, Yaron said:

It's not so much about native control as it's about RTL support...

I think they failed to add RTL to FMX, so they bypass it to mobile's OS to do the work.