Clément

Debugger in 10.3.3 is useless :'(

12 minutes ago, Stefan Glienke said:

If there are no generics it's a different issue than RSP-27000.

You are right, I was able to fix this de-sync issue by going line by line doing cut, paste, cut, paste (copy/paste entire blocks did not work).

Strangely enough, I compared the file before/after the fix and the files are identical?!

1 minute ago, Yaron said:

Strangely enough, I compared the file before/after the fix and the files are identical?!

Use diff tool/setting that also shows whitespace/eol differences

@Stefan Glienke Hi ,

The described behaviour in RSP-27000 is there since ages, and just to be sure i tried the sample and i can confirm it is in Delphi 2009 ! and of course still in Seattle too, don't know about any newer IDE's than Seattle.

I think is was reported in the past but i couldn't search or confirm and duplicate,

In fact searching for Delphi 2010 reports, i see Embarcadero already fixed them all as there is no report at all, good for them, (unless i am doing the search wrong)

Once I had issue with debugger showing breakpoints in completely wrong places, fixed by changing all LF to CRLF in all project source files😄 

16 hours ago, TomDevOps said:

Once I had issue with debugger showing breakpoints in completely wrong places, fixed by changing all LF to CRLF in all project source files😄 

This issue still exists and every so often pops-up, you would think it's a somewhat simple fix.

34 minutes ago, Yaron said:

you would think it's a somewhat simple fix

Actually it is - with Project Magician

Only as part of the global options you have access to the Clean Line Feeds feature. When opening dpr, dpk, pas or inc files any invalid line feed sequence (like single <CR> or <LF> alone) will be converted to a proper <CR><LF> sequence.

40 minutes ago, Uwe Raabe said:

Actually it is - with Project Magician

It would be nice if Embarcadero handled it in-house, considering it's a bug that existed for years and is pretty straight-forward to reproduce.

11 minutes ago, Yaron said:

It would be nice if Embarcadero handled it in-house, considering it's a bug that existed for years and is pretty straight-forward to reproduce.

All bug reports about this issue were closed as Won't fix.

30 minutes ago, Dalija Prasnikar said:

All bug reports about this issue were closed as Won't fix.

Without any rationale?

1 minute ago, Yaron said:

Without any rationale?

Don't remember exactly... but something along the lines implementing support for <LF> would be too much work, so make sure you have correct line endings in your code.

There is also option to autocorrect while saving so that helps with pasting code... where it does not help is if your VCS messes your endings.

3 minutes ago, Dalija Prasnikar said:

There is also option to autocorrect while saving so that helps with pasting code... where it does not help is if your VCS messes your endings.

Where is that option? I can't seem to find it.

16 minutes ago, Yaron said:

Where is that option? I can't seem to find it.

Tools -> Options -> User Interface -> Editor -> uncheck Preserve line ends

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dalija Prasnikar said:

Tools -> Options -> User Interface -> Editor -> uncheck Preserve line ends

Thanks, In a million years I wouldn't have made that connection.

11 minutes ago, Yaron said:

Thanks, In a million years I wouldn't have made that connection.

I didn't either... I was told about that in one of those closed bug reports I made about LF issues.

2 hours ago, Dalija Prasnikar said:

closed bug reports I made about LF issues

Changed that option then used Notepad++ to generate 4 lines with LF only, pasted into 10.3.3, saved and opened the file in Notepad++, LF still terminates two of the line endings.

File another bug report? 🙂

2 hours ago, FredS said:

File another bug report? 🙂

Yes, please.

On 11/27/2019 at 6:50 PM, ertank said:

Yes, please.

Because I didn't find any issue, I have now filed RSP-30365 that describes the problem of 'Preserve line ends' off still leaving the first and last line of a file with <LF> as the terminating character.

Edited by brummgrammierer

35 minutes ago, brummgrammierer said:

Because I didn't find any issue, I have now filed RSP-30365 that describes the problem of 'Preserve line ends' off still leaving the first and last line of a file with <LF> as the terminating character.

I voted for it, but I would not hold my breath... this will be either closed as won't fix or will stay open for a long time.