Sign in to follow this  
Yaron

"Project / Version info / target - all configuration" broken?

For some reason, any data I entered under the Project Options version info's "all configuration" entries is not actually applied to the release/debug sections.

And later on, I couldn't upload to the play store, because it was seeing the old version number from the "release" section.

Is it just me, or am I misunderstanding what the "all configuration" entries actually do (I was assuming it was applying whatever I entered into both release/debug profiles so I don't have to do everything twice).

Edited by Yaron

You have to make sure you have no values in the release or debug options that override the "all config" values.

1 minute ago, Lars Fosdal said:

You have to make sure you have no values in the release or debug options that override the "all config" values.

And if I have overridden the version number in the past, how can I restore it so it will be set again by 'all configuration'?

You have to manually delete the overriding values that you put in earlier.

For version info - you need to change the values to match "all config".
After that, the debug/release version will follow the "all config" values.

1 minute ago, Yaron said:

how can I restore it so it will be set again by 'all configuration'

Project Magician has an option for that:

Clear Settings in Child Configurations probably needs some words of explanation. Sometimes the inheritance of project settings as implemented in the IDE is not wanted and leads to a lot of work or unexpected results. For instance, having different version info values for each build configuration is rarely required. Changes made to one configuration are not visible in others. In addition inheritance doesn’t work well with these either. Changes in the base configuration have no effect if values in depending configurations exist.

That said, the Version info option clears all settings made in child configurations and only keeps the settings in the base configuration. In case of a pure Windows project this actually is the base configuration, while for mixed OS projects each platforms base configuration serves as a basis. Note that the Module attributes are excluded from the clearing so that each build configuration can have its own attributes.

17 minutes ago, Lars Fosdal said:

You have to manually delete the overriding values that you put in earlier.

For version info - you need to change the values to match "all config".
After that, the debug/release version will follow the "all config" values.

I tried that, it didn't work.

Perhaps I didn't understand what you mean by "manually delete", I just used the project dialog to make sure all entries across debug/release/all configuration were the same and then changed the value on 'all configurations' to see if it affects the 'release configuration' (which it didn't).

Edited by Yaron
more details

2 minutes ago, Yaron said:

I tried that, it didn't work.

For Version Info manually delete means inside the dproj file.

• Like 1