Sign in to follow this  
limelect

Develop with IOS emulator

Delphi 10.2.3

I wanted to start with IOS emulator

1. So i installed  PAServer on C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\PAServer\19.0

2. I started  it without a pass word

As you can see i tested connection. And it fails.

The port is OK on both side

Ip is correct

C on PAServer  give me no client connection 

I checked with open port that this port is not taken.

What else?

Screenshot - 12_12_2019 , 16_36_40.png

From the pic, you've created a profile for a Windows PAServer. If deploying to iOS simulator, you need to create/use one for macOS. 

If you are using macOS 10.15.x, it will all be for nought because the 32-bit portion of PAServer will not run. If your macOS version is earlier, read on....

You'll also need to install an iOS 10.3 simulator (using Xcode) because Delphi does not currently support later simulators. In the Xcode menu click Window > Devices and Simulators, select the Simulators tab and click the "+" button in the bottom left:

image.thumb.png.61f682a8199fedcd830ab336878f6cf0.png

You need a Mac. the simulator is part of XCode, which only runs on a Mac.

• Like 2

I would recommend to use a real device as well, because the simulators are normally much different, especially if you go deeper into the mobile functionality.
Even if the latest simulators would be supported by Delphi.

You shouldn't be too much suprised if your app is running well in a simulator but might crash in the real world.

Maybe the simulator is still OK if you only do some very basic and standard controls and nothing else.

• Like 1

@Rollo62  In my family there are some old ios. Dose it matter if i get an old ios phone? to just start ?

Communication with it is the same as Android or should i know more?

Edited by limelect

I think installation to the physical iDevice would have to be done via Testflight. Not sure if your physical iDevice can be connected to the virtual cloud Mac.

@limelect How old exactly are we talking here? iOS 11 should be minimum, better 12.

Depends what you want to do, I would recommend to have at least >= iOS11, don't know what phone that is right now (maybe iPhone 5).

@Sherlock

You typed a ms faster :classic_blink:

@limelect

There should be also an option to get used phones for testing, at quite reasonable prices.

iPhone 6S is a good one, still quite current.

@Sherlock I have no idea. How ever i just recalled (what stupid am i) I have  an IPAD 4 dose it help to start?

Can i just hook it to usb?

I am an Android man from almost day 1 starting with eclipse so never used ios. (and Delphi from #1)  

Edited by limelect

You need a Mac or MacInCLoud, as said above, as well as an Apple developer account, etc.

See the descriptions in the DocWiki, this is very good to start with.

Because XCode needs to compile and sign the package, there is no other way (or maybe by Hackintosh, but I would not trust that this is reliable).

Edited by Rollo62

TLDR;  Thats probably a little outdated.

I meant the official docwiki, which is showing all necessary steps.

http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/Rio/en/IOS_Mobile_Application_Development

Edit:

Especially interesting for the mobile development is the platform status, regarding OS versions and simulators

http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/PlatformStatus/en/Main_Page

Edited by Rollo62
  • Like 1