PeterPanettone

Alt-sortcuts are not always the same

To reproduce this, make sure a project is loaded in the IDE.

If your Create New submenu contains the Delphi Unit item:

image.thumb.png.d3e246ec20444f81ea4155037119895c.png

... (and you are using the English UI language in the IDE) then this shortcut sequence lets you create a new Delphi Unit: Alt+F -> N -> U

Now Close All opened files in the IDE (File -> Close All).

Now the above-mentioned shortcut sequence Alt+F -> N -> U does not work anymore, as the Alt shortcut for Delphi Unit in the submenu has changed to N:

image.thumb.png.10040ba5350b93b21f610860d7c851cb.png

Can anyone confirm this?

Edited by PeterPanettone

Hint: The above-mentioned problem can easily be solved by first closing all opened files and then customizing the New submenu.

So it becomes clear that there are TWO different submenus for new items:

• One submenu when there are no opened items in the IDE

• Another submenu when there is a project opened in the IDE

Edited by PeterPanettone

This happens all over the place. The menu hotkeys change whenever the IDE thinks it should recalculate them.

Edited by dummzeuch
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, dummzeuch said:

This happens all over the place. The menu hotkeys change whenever the IDE thinks it should recalculate them.

You are right. I am also SAD about this. :classic_love:

Edited by PeterPanettone

I think this is related to the dynamically buildup of the IDE menu.

I think your application in the 1st situation was a VCL-form-application. Because of that, the menuitem "Multi Device From - Delphi" is made invisible.

The 'New Unit' item gets it's shortcut with the 'U'.

When your projects is closed, de IDE makes it possible again to add a new "Multi Device From - Delphi". After enabling this menitem, it recalculates shortcuts for this menu. It chooses the "u" as shortcut (as "M" is already in use". Because of this the menu item "Unit - Delphi" can't get shortcut-key "U" anymore, and get it's next available character as shortcut ("n").

Could it be something like this?

40 minutes ago, dummzeuch said:

This happens all over the place.

Is there a chance that the IDE Menu Shortcuts GExpert could somehow possibly include dynamically created menu items?

Edited by PeterPanettone

1 hour ago, PeterPanettone said:

Is there a chance that the IDE Menu Shortcuts GExpert could somehow possibly include dynamically created menu items?

I think it would be possible to do that.

But: A Shortcut is the Ctrl/Shift/Alt+Key combination while what you are talking about is called a Hotkey. The expert does not/can not change the hotkeys

1 minute ago, dummzeuch said:

But: A Shortcut is the Ctrl/Shift/Alt+Key combination while what you are talking about is called a Hotkey. The expert does not/can not change the hotkeys

My question was about Ide Menu Shortcuts:classic_love:

Sorry, but no. You very aptly described hotkeys. An example for a shortcut is Ctrl+C to cut a marked object. The corresponding Hotkey sequence could be Alt+E to enter the Edit Menu then C to copy. Or to use your screenshot: a possible hotkey sequence to close all files would be Alt+F, L. The shortcut is Shift+Ctrl+F12.

11 minutes ago, Sherlock said:

Sorry, but no. You very aptly described hotkeys. An example for a shortcut is Ctrl+C to cut a marked object. The corresponding Hotkey sequence could be Alt+E to enter the Edit Menu then C to copy. Or to use your screenshot: a possible hotkey sequence to close all files would be Alt+F, L. The shortcut is Shift+Ctrl+F12.

I didn't mean the TOPIC but my QUESTION:

Is there a chance that the IDE Menu Shortcuts GExpert could somehow possibly include dynamically created menu items?

BTW, the Quote command image.png.2a21d013fed4118d96f437535eed83c5.png does not work.