PeterPanettone

IDE title bar anomaly?

Right after starting the Delphi Rio 10.3.3 IDE, the IDE window title bar looks quite normal:

image.thumb.png.041ccbcdb1d598cc8cc2924081d8c8e9.png

But when I double-click on the IDE window title bar to MAXIMIZE the IDE window, the HEIGHT of the title bar decreases from 32 pixels to 27 pixels:

image.thumb.png.3659288de2163a1856209a32dde05536.png

When I RESTORE the IDE window to its previous (not maximized) size, the title bar returns to its previous height of 32 pixels.

Can anyone confirm this?

9 minutes ago, Sherlock said:

Same in 10.3.2, possibly even in 10.3.1.

Do you know of an Embarcadero quality report about this bug?

My guess is that you have two monitors; Primary with 125% zoom and secondary with 100% zoom. This setup appears to freak the IDE out.

4 minutes ago, Anders Melander said:

Primary with 125% zoom and secondary with 100% zoom

What do you mean with "Primary with 125% zoom and secondary with 100% zoom"?

There is no indication of "Zoom" per monitor:

image.thumb.png.597d3bd544e4648e671da1ee5122f37c.png

image.thumb.png.cc1e371275561c46518887bdcd1c4a11.png

1 hour ago, Anders Melander said:

This setup appears to freak the IDE out.

Does the IDE have emotions? 😉

Edited by PeterPanettone

4 hours ago, PeterPanettone said:

Does the IDE have emotions? 😉

Yes, and has had for some years. ;)

16 hours ago, PeterPanettone said:

My colleague just created one:

https://quality.embarcadero.com/browse/RSP-27253

Please vote for it.

I'd love to, but alas the Gods wont let me:

The server encountered an internal error (com.atlassian.jira.exception.DataAccessException: org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDataSourceException: Unable to establish a connection with the database. (Network error IOException: Connection timed out: connect)) that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

7 minutes ago, Sherlock said:

The server encountered an internal error (com.atlassian.jira.exception.DataAccessException: org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDataSourceException: Unable to establish a connection with the database. (Network error IOException: Connection timed out: connect)) that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

Life is full of errors. Maybe errors are an inherent principle of life and of software?

Maybe errors are the norm and what we consider to be correct is the true error.

5 minutes ago, Sherlock said:

Maybe errors are the norm and what we consider to be correct is the true error.

Maybe this is not a dialectic principle but the reality consists of fluctuating sets? (Quantum fluctuation).

Edited by PeterPanettone
  • Like 1

HTTP Status 500 - org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDataSourceException: Unable to establish a connection with the database. (Network error IOException: Connection timed out: connect)

type Exception report

message org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDataSourceException: Unable to establish a connection with the database. (Network error IOException: Connection timed out: connect)

description The server encountered an internal error (org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDataSourceException: Unable to establish a connection with the database. (Network error IOException: Connection timed out: connect)) that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception...

22 minutes ago, Vandrovnik said:

that prevented it from fulfilling this request

How dare you? - Greta's "climate warming"? 😉

In windows 10, the title bar gets smaller in maximized state as in any other states. Not just the IDE, every application.

And this is not the issue. The issue is, somebody decided to put controls onto the title bar.

This is such a no-go, antipattern, etc.... every kid knows that. Now you see why.

55 minutes ago, Attila Kovacs said:

The issue is, somebody decided to put controls onto the title bar.

I think, their intention was to make those controls always and prominently visible.

But then I wonder why they did not put those controls on the IDE's toolbar space. It would be more logical, IMO, and no IDE element can hide the toolbar space?

Edited by PeterPanettone

20 hours ago, PeterPanettone said:

What do you mean with "Primary with 125% zoom and secondary with 100% zoom"?

There is no indication of "Zoom" per monitor:

image.png.15cc1c3506185f6b8a03bba793eed04f.png

3 minutes ago, Anders Melander said:

image.png.15cc1c3506185f6b8a03bba793eed04f.png

image.png.146fdfeaa0dd6dd689bc547413c0d529.png

This is not a per-monitor setting but a GENERAL Windows setting. There is NO LOGICAL UI INDICATION which binds this to a single monitor. Windows Text elements are always zoomed by this value, regardless of whether they are displayed on one or the other monitor.

16 minutes ago, PeterPanettone said:

image.png.146fdfeaa0dd6dd689bc547413c0d529.png

This is not a per-monitor setting but a GENERAL Windows setting. There is NO LOGICAL UI INDICATION which binds this to a single monitor. Windows Text elements are always zoomed by this value, regardless of whether they are displayed on one or the other monitor.

Only in Windows 7/8 and older. Since Windows 8.1 you can set different scaling for different screens.

• Like 1