PeterPanettone

IDE title bar anomaly?

1 minute ago, Микола Петрівський said:

Only in Windows 7/8 and older. Since Windows 8.1 you can set different scaling for different screens.

As you can see from the screenshot, I have Windows 7.

I always try to adapt my programs to the OS on which they are running. I don't know why Embarcadero doesn't seem to do that. It would be so easy!

1 hour ago, PeterPanettone said:

I think, their intention was to make those controls always and prominently visible.

But then I wonder why they did not put those controls on the IDE's toolbar space. It would be more logical, IMO, and no IDE element can hide the toolbar space?

Compare VS 2019 Search (Ctrl+Q) on title bar. And Quick Launch in SQL Management Studio 18.
Nice and useful.

2 hours ago, Marek Lieder said:

Compare VS 2019 Search (Ctrl+Q) on title bar. And Quick Launch in SQL Management Studio 18.
Nice and useful.

VS 2019 has a combined menu and title bar:

image.thumb.png.475fd3c07325f33d576086bdeb8b0764.png

This is something very different from what Embarcadero is using.

However, it seems VS 2019 too has some bugs:

Search Visual Studio (CTRL + Q) enable & disable is not working:

https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/problem/416501/search-visual-studio-ctrl-q-enable-disable-is-not.html

(BTW, the Link command image.png.38f383bda8d815a4b62d0ef6a1ab62b3.png here on the Delphi Praxis page does not work either for me).

Edited by PeterPanettone

The VS and the AutoCAD toolbars look self drawn, not OS drawn with some decoration glued on them. However, I don't see the Delphi issue on my 100% screen.

21 hours ago, PeterPanettone said:

As you can see from the screenshot, I have Windows 7.

Yep, with 125% scaling. Windows 7 with 125% scaling automatically enables so called "XP scaling". This means, that OS ignores app manifest, and forces it to scale itself. But RAD Studio manifest does not declare support for scaling, so Studio tries to do whatever it can, even while it does not support this. So you see such results.