Keda

Leaderboards and Game progress on Google Play Services

Hello everyone. 
I am happy to see that the delphi community is alive!

I love delphi and when I wanted to write a game I was told Unity is the way to go. 
So I wrote a game in unity but I hate it. I would like to make a game in Delphi.

However, I hit a snag... I can't find information online on about how can I save progress and use leaderboards using google play services.

On Unity it was pretty easy, but like I have said, I can't stand C# and Unity its not human friendly. At least not to my taste.

Can anyone please help me with a short tutorial or some sample code?

I would greatly appreciate it. 

Thank you.

12 hours ago, Keda said:

However, I hit a snag... I can't find information online on about how can I save progress and use leaderboards using google play services.

On Unity it was pretty easy, but like I have said, I can't stand C# and Unity its not human friendly. At least not to my taste.

Unless someone has done it already, I expect you're going to need to spend a fair amount of time on it.

This is a starting point for the leaderboard/game saving parts: 

https://developers.google.com/games/services/android/leaderboards

It would be a case of:

• Reading the documentation, and working out which parts you want to implement
  • Working out which packages the relevant classes are in
  • Doing imports of those classes into Delphi code
  • Working out whether there are any classes you need to create descendants for, and writing the appropriate Java and associated Delphi code for them
  • Implementing the various parts in Delphi

Alternatively, you could implement a large portion of it in Java, create a .jar that Delphi would use and import the relevant parts into Delphi code.

I note that it requires Google Sign-in, so for that part you might want to take a look at this: 

https://github.com/grijjy/DelphiGoogleSignIn

Which is related to Firebase, however the Google Sign-In parts would be relevant.

• Like 1

Thank you so much for your replies guys.

@Yaron, thank you. But I am looking for a solution on Google Play leaderboards.
I do not own a server or anything like that. I would like to use google platform. It supports saving game progress and what not. 
People are used to it.

Thank you all again!