MikeMon

iOS Firebase Push Notifications

Hi

Any latest tutorials or links on how to set up Firebase Push notifications on iOS?

10 hours ago, MikeMon said:

Any latest tutorials or links on how to set up Firebase Push notifications on iOS?

If by "setup" you're referring to how to set up a project in Firebase Console, you should start here:

..and watch until the 4:52 mark (the rest is not relevant to Delphi)

For Delphi code to implement FCM on iOS, you could refer to this article:

https://www.delphiworlds.com/2020/01/expanding-embarcaderos-fcm-implementation-revisited/

Edited by Dave Nottage

Hi Dave

Thank you for the information. Following the information you gave, I've set up Firebase for iOS 64-bit. Everything compiles fine (but crashes on launch) without adding -ObjC to the "Options passed to the LD linker". When I add -ObjC to the "Options passed to the LD linker" I'm getting the following error (346 errors in fact) during compilation:

[DCC Error] E2597 ld: warning: dwarf DW_FORM_strp (offset=0xFFFFFFDC) is too big in c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\20.0\lib\iOSDevice64\Release\libibtogo.a(ail.o).

Any ideas on how to solve it?

BTW, the error I'm getting is when I use the latest Firebase SDK 6.14. When I use 6.3 it's compiling fine. When I run the app, it's asking me if I want the app to send me notifications. When I click yes and every time I run the app after that it is hanging.

Not sure what I'm missing here.

7 hours ago, MikeMon said:

the error I'm getting is when I use the latest Firebase SDK 6.14. When I use 6.3 it's compiling fine

Yes, I have that issue too. I've been meaning to report the problem.

7 hours ago, MikeMon said:

When I click yes and every time I run the app after that it is hanging

It presents the prompt every time you run it? Which app is this?

5 hours ago, Dave Nottage said:

It presents the prompt every time you run it? Which app is this? 

No. The first time I run the app, it's prompting me and then hanging. After that it is never prompting; just hanging.

The version of the app is not uploaded to the app store yet.

12 hours ago, Dave Nottage said:

Have you tried tracing the code via the debugger? Can you provide a reproducible example? 

Hi Dave. I'm attaching the log from the XCode Console.

Console Log.txt

6 hours ago, MikeMon said:

I'm attaching the log from the XCode Console.

There does not appear to be anything in the log that gives any clues as to why it hangs. This why it's important to also use the debugger and/or refine the code into a reproducible test case.

Edited by Dave Nottage

On 1/12/2020 at 10:38 PM, Dave Nottage said:

There does not appear to be anything in the log that gives any clues as to why it hangs. This why it's important to also use the debugger and/or refine the code into a reproducible test case.

Hi Dave

After a million trial and errors, I found out that the issue is with TFDPhysSQLiteDriverLink. To replicate the issue, just drop a TFDPhysSQLiteDriverLink in the KastriFree EMBTFCMv2Demo and run it on iOS. No extra code needed. I've also tried the workaround posted by you in RSP-18329.

FYI, android has no problem.

I'm using Delphi 10.3.3 Enterprise.

Edited by MikeMon

Finally problem solved:

Copying the FireDAC.inc file to the project folder and altering it didn't work. However, altering it in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\xx.0\source\data\FireDAC folder solved the problem.

Thank you @Dave Nottage for your valuable assistance.

I have no  FireDAC.inc  on hand right now, what did you change there ?

Is there a link to libibtogo, or is it possible that you have added libibtogo. to the deployment somehow ?

3 hours ago, MikeMon said:

Copying the FireDAC.inc file to the project folder and altering it didn't work

Whoops! Yeah, I actually discovered that after my comment on the report. I've now updated it. 

1 hour ago, Rollo62 said:

I have no  FireDAC.inc  on hand right now, what did you change there ?

Please refer to my comments on the report: https://quality.embarcadero.com/browse/RSP-18329

• Like 2