ertank

Reading caller number at the same time phone is ringing

Hello,

I am using Delphi 10.3.3. I would like to read caller number right at the time phone is ringing.

Edit: I am looking for a solution for Android platform only.

Using google, I have found a lot of samples from past about reading call logs, placing calls, etc. I could not find how I should be reading caller number right at the time of a call.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks & regards,

Ertan

Edited by ertank

If you are talking about a simple analogue telephone line, this is all down to the hardware monitoring that line and how it delivers the caller id to your computer.,  20 years ago some modems and special hardware had this feature, and you use an RS232 port to read it on a PC. 

But with analogue telephony being rapidly replaced by VoIP and the old PSTN copper cable telephone networks and exchanges turned off and obsoleted (by 2025 in the UK), this is really historical curiosity.

Angus

6 hours ago, ertank said:

I am using Delphi 10.3.3. I would like to read caller number right at the time phone is ringing

It would help to specify which platform(s) you want to achieve this on. If it's iOS/Android, then using the OnCallStateChanged method of IFMXPhoneDialerService is supposed to allow you to know when an incoming call starts, and using the GetCurrentCalls method should contain the number. That said, iOS now restricts being able to access the actual number. Also, I know others have had problems with making IFMXPhoneDialerService work at all on Android. I don't know whether that's the case now, however I use my own (non-public) code for it anyway.

Actually, I did added tags in my initial question, just forgot to mention about that I am only interested in Android platform.

I have edited my question and added that information now.

Thanks.

12 hours ago, ertank said:

I did added tags in my initial question

Thanks for the tip! I wasn't aware of tags here, and they're a bit small but at least now I know to look 🙂