A.M. Hoornweg

Why can't I install this monospaced font in Delphi ?

Hello all,

I would like to test a certain new monospaced font in Delphi but none of my Delphi versions displays it in the font drop-down list.  Is there anything I can do to use it anyway?

Because this font family (JetBrains Mono) does not have some internal flag marking it as "monospace". Visual Studio / Windows terminal also do not recognise it as such. Let's wait for a service pack 😉 There is a discussion on this topic in Russian (https://habr.com/ru/company/jugru/news/t/484134/). In fact, I did not like the look of this font when I tried it in Notepad++, YMMV.

Interestingly, Lazarus can use this font in the editor.

JetBrainsMono Font In Lazarus.jpg

Edited by Kryvich

Yes, it can. Although non-monospaced fonts look ugly in Lazarus. IDE tries to preserve columns in the editor.

Edited by Kryvich

I tried Ubuntu Mono and Jetbrains Mono (at sizes 9 and 10) for a couple of hours each, and Source Code Pro at size 9 still best, in Delphi white theme. Monitor: 24", 1920x1200.

Lars still prefers Source Code Pro.

Edited by Guest

21 hours ago, Dany Marmur said:

Lars still prefers Source Code Pro.

Indeed I do.

Size 12 on 32" 4K display, Windows 100% UI scaling.

The uneven height of some of the lowercase letters on JetBrain was the first part of the problem. 

The second problem was that the font was to "heavy" i.e. the normal was too close to what I consider a bold font.